Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#75429 - 05/31/02 10:19 PM I like the flags...
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
So you're making some more changes, eh MM? I like the flag indicators to show if there are new replies to topics since your last log-in, it keeps to the whole feel of the board! How does everyone else feel?

Buen trabajo!

-GG

#75430 - 05/31/02 11:50 PM Re: I like the flags...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey, thanks GranadaGirl! I've been looking for months for the appropriate icon and finally found it. I think it may take some getting used to for some people.. if people don't like it after a week I'll change them back or keep looking for something else. I welcome all feedback, either negative or positive. Thanks!

Have a nice weekend, everyone! I'm doing some painting at my parents' house. Woo Hoo! heehe..

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75431 - 06/01/02 06:30 AM Re: I like the flags...
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Uh... no offense intented... makes it hard to look at the thing at work when there's big red and yellow everywhere.

I would prefer a simpler design with more normal colors, that looks like something 'professional' so that when people walk by your machine they don't notice anything. laugh

#75432 - 06/01/02 07:48 AM Re: I like the flags...
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MM, I really like the flags! I understand what Asterault says, but for me(being a Spanish teache) it doesn't come into play. It probably makes it more obvious that I am working on something SPANISH laugh which is AOK with me!

#75433 - 06/01/02 10:04 AM Re: I like the flags...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hola MM
I like the new format-definately more stylish wink

#75434 - 06/01/02 10:36 AM Re: I like the flags...
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Another vote in favor of the new icons - We'll just have to tell people its rude to read over our shoulders!

#75435 - 06/01/02 10:43 PM Re: I like the flags...
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
You know, I never thought of it from Asterault's point of view...trying to read the board from work...what I usually do when I'm at work anyway is just make the screen smaller so that I can easily click off of it when I have to... NOT that I condone using your work time for such persuits, but your boss should at least be glad you're not on monster.com!! rolleyes

-GranadaGirl

#75436 - 06/02/02 02:49 PM Re: I like the flags...
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
In this country where less is more, I have to agree with Asterault. The red and yellow everywhere is sensory overload. Must be a Philadelphia thing. laugh However, I really like the addition of the Spanish flag.

I wonder if so much "españolismo" (yes, I know this page is about Spain) is offensive to our Spanish members. Spaniards, as a whole, don´t rally around their flag too much as we Americans have international fame for doing. But I´ll let those members speak for themselves.

I like the chat button at the top of the message board. Is there anyway that it can open a new window rather than changing the current window?

Nice job on the continual updates MM. Great way to keep the site "fresh" smile

#75437 - 06/02/02 04:20 PM Re: I like the flags...
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I like the flags!!! Interesting point Chica about the less prominent nature of the Spanish flag in Spain in comparison to the ubiquitous American flag in the States. I generally agree with you, but I can´t tell you how many Spaniards were walking around the Plaza Mayor here with Spanish flags on account of the World Cup. I also saw quite few bars and restaurants with flags. Maybe, "españolismo" is stronger than some want to admit, and I´m not talking about the other team in Barcelona laugh

#75438 - 06/02/02 05:01 PM Re: I like the flags...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks all for the input on the new flags icons.. Keep it coming!
I'm pretty sure the whole Spanish flag thing for many Spaniards is too much and, in fact, "FACHA", for A LOT of them. I always proudly tell my ladyfriend, "Soy facha para España" and she just shakes her head and laughs. In her house you would NEVER find a Spanish flag - not because she's not proud of her country, but because she doesn't feel she needs to be a "flag waver" as we "Americans" are. wink

Chica, I can most certainly make clicking the "CHAT NOW" button at the top right of these pages open a new window, but you know, a site where EVERYTHING you click opens a new window wink just gets SO annoying. rolleyes If it's a photo or going to an andertiser's site, well that's different, but to "surf" around is often better if you go directly from one to the other. NOW, if I could make it just pop up the java applet in a box now THAT could be cool. I'll look into that. Thanks for that suggestion.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments