Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#75420 - 05/05/02 01:55 AM New chat works?
nevado Offline

Okay, it must be me but I can't get the new chat to work. I put in my name and then I get the chat box but when I type and push return nothing happens. ??? What am I doing wrong??

#75421 - 05/05/02 03:14 AM Re: New chat works?
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I'll help play tech support, but you have to give us some details. What OS are you using and what browser/version?

Is anyone else having this same problem?

-Russ

#75422 - 05/05/02 08:46 AM Re: New chat works?
nevado Offline

Thanks LiM, I just tried it again and it works, I have no idea why it didn't before??? BTW, I use windows 98 and explorer 5.0? (not sure what version).

#75423 - 05/08/02 10:16 AM Re: New chat works?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You know.... for me, sometimes the chat room works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I can connect and other times not. Sometimes it even tells me that my log-in name is in use!! This worries me!! Is someone using my name or is it just a glitch?! confused

Otherwise, when it works I like it a lot! You can maximize the window and see a lot more of the text than you could before.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75424 - 05/08/02 11:02 AM Re: New chat works?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
MM

It seems a lot of our names are being used/store somehow and we have to get in using another name. However, there never seems to be a problem going in as "MMguest (or whatever it says).

Quite often it says it is full, or something similar, but when I get in, it's empty. rolleyes

Since I had those powers bestowed upon me whilst in there the other night, I seem to have stopped some people from entering. Could this be possible? Or just my imagination?? Is it only me that has the Operator sign? Or does everyone have it when they get in?

It doesn't seem right that people can be thrown out as soon as they enter, which is what has happened to a couple of people recently, I think. I even seem to have banned someone at one point. eek eek

I quite liked the old chat room format, at least it was straightforward, and was it was easier to see who was saying what.

Maybe I am just not used to this new one yet - I will certainly not stop using it, but I liked the old one.

Sorry for rambling. Just thought I'd get in there.

Jo

#75425 - 05/08/02 11:04 AM Re: New chat works?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I've found that it sometimes hangs up when I try to log in...it gets to the point of telling me that I am "conectado," but then stops before letting me into the room.

If I go back to the main window and click on "disconnect," it lets me back out so that I can try again. It's quirky!

#75426 - 05/08/02 11:10 AM Re: New chat works?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Just tried to get into the chat room. First it kept telling me I was MMguest - and refusing to accept Puna - but not leting me in as MM guest. Then it let me in as Puna but kept disconnecting. Also - is there any way we can bounce between the chat room and the message board like we were able to on the previous system? Hate to toss questions like this - but - I'm confused! mad

#75427 - 05/08/02 12:29 PM Re: New chat works?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yeah.. this is what worried me that my experiences weren't localized. Okay folks. Let's go back to the old room until we can get this figured out or we'll try a different format. Thanks for your input!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75428 - 05/08/02 06:21 PM Re: New chat works?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hey, everyone--chat underway in the OLD chat room!!

Tara smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments