Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#75359 - 11/18/08 05:31 AM For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
Berta Offline

Loc: Loeches
DVD for sale: still in the wrapper, 2 euros.
Story of Johnny Cash with Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon.
Rated PG13
Purchased in the USA. All the videos I have brought back from EE.UU so far work in our 3 DVD players, so I imagine this would too.
It would make a nice Christmas gift!
For more information:
email me at: bgracemercy@gmail.com

#75360 - 11/18/08 08:45 AM Re: For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good movie! But where di you purchases your 3 DVD players so that they would play NTSC DVDs? Typically, but with a few exceptions, Spain-bought DVD players only play the PAL coded DVDs.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75361 - 11/18/08 10:35 AM Re: For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
Berta Offline

Gee, MadridMan, we bought 2 for about 32 euros each... one at Makro and one at Carrefour years ago. I also have a small tv with a dvd built in, ...can't remember where I got that; it's been years...but they all work just great! I usually buy my DVD's in the USA on sale. I will say that the small tv unit in the kitchen had problems playing them at 1st, but then my husband looked some stuff up on the internet, changed so numbers and now it works great. One of our daughters just sent us 4 DVD's for the USA... all work great. It thought everyone could??!! If you want, I will post the brand name of the players. 2 are here in this house and one in the village house (going next week). Let me know.

#75362 - 11/18/08 01:27 PM Re: For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
The cheap dvd players are ususally multi region . I ued to buy some dvd's from the states , as it was cheaper and they were out before the uk , so I have a cheap dvd player in the bedroom that plays everything . I also get my bullfighting dvd's from a guy in the states ( belive it or not) and the cheaper dvd player plays all of them

#75363 - 11/18/08 05:44 PM Re: For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
In the US, the cheap DVD players have firmware that disables the multizone capabilities (which people find ways around by using the firmware from another market), but here in Europe most have it turned on (it has something to do with the laws in the US being stricter, I think).

#75364 - 11/18/08 06:14 PM Re: For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I find that amazing. Intuition suggests that only the more expensive models would have multi-region readability but that's apparently not the case. I have one of the cheaper DVD players too, bought it BECAUSE it's multi-region.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75365 - 11/19/08 02:57 AM Re: For Sale: DVD- Walk the Line-NEW
Berta Offline

Yeah, it's an unexpected benefit! We don't understand who makes any money on the making, shipping, packaging etc of 32 euro players. But, we won't complain!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments