Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7530 - 11/14/04 01:56 PM MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
memphis38111man Offline

Loc: Memphis, TN
I have reservations (I received the confirmation email for the original dates) at this hostal, Hostal Sonsoles , and may want to make a change. I have repeatedly tried to contact them through their email on their website , but have received no response. This is following no response to an email re: another reservation later in 2005. Does anyone know if there is a problem with either their website or the hostal itself?

I had used this email in previous years with no problem. I receive no notification of undeliverable mail.

Gracias,
Miguel

#7531 - 11/14/04 02:21 PM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there!

Were you visiting their new(er) website @ http://www.hostalsonsodesa.com/en/sonsoles.html ? I know they got their own domain name just a couple years ago and before were using non-name-specific host. Please let us know what you find.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7532 - 11/14/04 03:02 PM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
memphis38111man Offline

Yes, I was using that web site. If you click on the email at the lower right, it addresses (as always) the email to Manuell Garcia with properties of sonsoles@hostalsonsodesa.com.

Thanks for your prompt notice!

#7533 - 11/14/04 04:16 PM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Has your wait for a reply to your email been days or weeks? If days, it could be a weekend delay. I think there are some hostels which may not reply to email on the weekends. If weeks, you may have to call them to clarify the reservation. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7534 - 11/14/04 05:23 PM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
memphis38111man Offline

It has been weeks. This is the case on two separate occasions with one batch of emails from me to them in April, and more recently about a month ago. No reply either time period. I wondered if 3/11 had anything to do with it back in April, servers down or whatever, but now, there should be no problems.

#7535 - 11/15/04 10:37 AM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Memphis Man:

I too used to be a Memphis man when I attended Rhodes College.

At any rate, my advice is to call them. If you use 10-10-987, the rate will be 39 cents plus 3 cents per minute.

Even with e-mail communication, I still take comfort in hearing the voices of the hostal personnel.

Buena suerte

Lee

#7536 - 11/15/04 11:12 AM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GoMadrid wrote:
Quote:
At any rate, my advice is to call them. If you use 10-10-987, the rate will be 39 cents plus 3 cents per minute
Not anymore!! See my comments in the " 10-10 dial-arounds, internet fax services, remote access of e-mail " thread about my recent experience with them and their significant rate hikes and new, extra surcharges/fees.

Saludos, MadridMan

#7537 - 11/15/04 06:26 PM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I have not had the problem described by MadridMan. Obviously it helps if your local telephone service provider is compatible. I have SBC, and they just add the 10-10-987 calls to my bill. Here-to-fore, the charges have been just as advertised. I just checked the 10-10-987 website, and they are still advertising the rate at 39 cents and 3 cents per minute. I'll report back after I receive my next telephone bill, because I made an extremely long call to Spain yesterday.

#7538 - 11/16/05 07:19 AM Re: MADRID: Hostal Sonsoles, Still open?
perogurban Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Neither Odesa nor Sonsoles (same owner) are known for good feedback by e-mail.

For future reservations I will advice you all to both reserve and arrange for changes to their phone rather than mail... Mail for some reason don't work with them.

When that said I love to stay with them. We are a gay couple always stay at their apartments in c/ de Pérez Galdós between Fuancarral and Hortaleza. You get the keys at Odesa in c. Hortaleaza 38. Nice and clean...and best of all...in the heart of Chueca, being the spot for a gay couple in Madrid. Prices are very kind to your wallet smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 815 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments