Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#75301 - 07/03/08 03:54 PM Madrid restaurants? Get together?
canspan Offline

Loc: Canada
HELLO TO ALL! I've been visiting the site for close to 10 years and have just joined. I'm a dual citizen Canadian Spaniard ecstatic that Spain has won the Euro. Will be in Madrid next week till the end of the month and wondering if anyone out there in the MadridMan community wanted to get together for a meal. Last time I was in Madrid I found an awesome Galician restaurant named Maceira and was wondering if anyone knows it or if its still around. The restaurant was on a little sidestreet not far from Atocha.

#75302 - 07/03/08 06:08 PM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I also love Maceiras on Calle de las Huertas, 66.

Here is a map of the area. ENJOY Madrid!! and have some pimientos de padrón! (one of my favorite Galician tapas!)

#75303 - 07/03/08 06:36 PM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Depending on the day you'd like to get together for the lunch, I'd like to meet you and give this place a try too. I walked past it a few months ago after was favorably reviewed in some magazine but it was so full we decided on some place else. Be forewarned that some of these restaurants do close for periods of time in the summer. I was with esperanza and her girls a couple years ago in August and had the idea to go to XYZ Restaurant in the Huertas area and it was closed for the month so we went looking elsewhere. Hope this doesn't happen to you/us! But it could.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75304 - 07/04/08 07:39 AM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
canspan Offline

Good to hear that it's still around. That would be fun MadridMan. I took my cousin there after my friend Diana had introduced the place to me. He was blown away that I knew of this place, not living there. Very typical restaurant with good food and you drink your wine out of these sort of small bowls or goblet type things. I stole them and have them sitting behind my bar como un recuerdo. When I get to Madrid I'll check it out and then add a post.

#75305 - 07/04/08 08:18 AM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The small ceramic white bowls are the typical "vessels" from which to drink Ribeiro white wine - a wine from Galicia which I really like too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75306 - 07/05/08 04:13 AM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
canspan Offline

Thank you for the map Esperanza. When me and my friend Diana went there it was packed as well so we went to Maceira, put in our name and then went down the street for a drink. That is one of those small trivial tings which makes Spain great. In Canada or the US if you show up to a rest. and it is packed you just kinda give up or are upset about the situation whereas in Spain its no big deal. Go for a little drink somewhere else, conoces un sitio nuevo y pa delante!

#75307 - 07/06/08 05:51 PM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

canspan, let us know when you'd like to schedule the lunch gathering and we'll be there. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#75308 - 07/06/08 06:42 PM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
Pia Offline

Loc: Finland
As I said in the other thread, I'll be there tomorrow and would love to have lunch anytime between Tuesday and Friday this week!

#75309 - 07/07/08 02:34 AM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
canspan Offline

Hello Pia, I arrive on Tues. but if MadridMan is up for it maybe we can do it on Thurs. for lunch. Arrive early on Tues. so I can check back then just to confirm. Buen viaje, Pia.

#75310 - 07/07/08 02:55 AM Re: Madrid restaurants? Get together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thursday Lunch it is!! Let's meet at the Gabriel Garcia Lorca statue (towards "the bottom") of the Plaza Santa Ana at 1:30pm and we'll stroll down Calle Huertas all together to Maceira.

A) Keep in mind there may be some stands set up in Plaza Santa Ana so try to get as close to the statue as possible.

B) Keep in mind Maceira may be closed. If I think of it I'll try calling them to be sure and will share that info here before Thursday.

C) Since I don't know your faces, take a look at mine at http://www.MadridMan.com/madridmancam.html to try to pick me out of the crowd.

Looking forward to seeing you! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments