Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#75281 - 07/28/08 02:37 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Two more days! Hope it's not TOO unbearably hot at the 8pm meeting time. cool

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75282 - 07/29/08 02:51 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
MadridMan, stop complaining about the weather, it is beautiful. wink

#75283 - 07/29/08 03:23 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

See you all/few tomorrow night at Cervecería San Andrés! Looking forward to a relaxing evening out.

And the weather IS beautiful - in different parts of Spain. cool

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75284 - 07/29/08 10:11 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hello everyone! I´m still here and will be joining everyone at Cerverceria San Andres, it will be my, my husband, my friends from the States. We are driving to Madrid tonight from Cullera where we just spent 4 muggy, sweaty, sticky days on the beach...can´t wait to go back to the dry heat of Madrid (never thought i´d crave madrid heat, but after humidity, it´s paradise)......
see you all mañana.

#75285 - 07/29/08 01:04 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Looking forward to seeing you and your husband again, laduque! See you there in about 25 hours from now! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

#75286 - 07/29/08 02:53 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

The weather has been great here! Was in Andalucia last week and even there not too terrible. See you all in less then 24 hours - looking forward to it! clap

#75287 - 07/29/08 03:37 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Will it she try go? What true

#75288 - 07/30/08 06:11 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We shouldn't expect too many people there tonight (8pm). It is summer, afterall, and lots of people are on vacation/holiday. If it's smaller and intimate, that'd be nice too, easier to talk.

I'll try to be there a few minutes early to snag the first table and as people arrive we'll try to put more tables together - if they let us. That can be a problem if there's lots of people at the terraza. We'll see if we have luck.

You can be sure I'll take my camera and will post photos tomorrow sometime. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

#75289 - 07/30/08 09:48 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
canspan Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm (unfortunately) back in Canada but just wanted to post to say hello to all and thank MadridMan for his kind words about me as well as the advice about living there and to say that I hope you all have a great time as I'm sure you undoubtedly will.

#75290 - 07/31/08 07:51 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

PARTY PHOTOS! The following are only a select few of the many party photos but I think I chose the best 4.

What fun we had! A total of 10 people showed up, including two which were under 5 years old! These two are avid posters on the message board but it's really difficult to understand what they're writing as it appears they simply bang on the keyboard. wink

Other MadridMan Parties have been fun but somewhat unmanageable due to the size. This time we had 8 adults sitting around two tables put together and we could all talk easily at the same time without shouting (except for when the Big Band started playing behind us). In all 8 adults, we were one Brit, two Spaniards, and 3 United Statesens (a.k.a. Americans).

Most arrived at the terraza shortly after 8pm and we waited for a good 15 minutes before a table came available. Most all stayed until about midnight. Time really does fly when you're having so much fun with lively conversation with great people, wine, GOOD food/tapas.

You'll notice in the below photos that member la historiadora is "pixeled out"- which is a real shame. (she's internet-photo-shy. Maybe she had a bad experience once)

above L-to-R: MadridMan, laduque, husband-of-laduque, Bill, son-of-Bill-and-Cynthia, Cynthia, la historiadora, Oiram, and (not pictured - because he's taking the photo) steve robinson.

above L-to-R: Oiram and steve robinson

above L-to-R: Oiram, MadridMan, la historiadora, laduque

above L-to-R: FOOD! good bread, bienmesabe (? white fish), oreja a la plancha (behind glass of beer - grilled pigs' ears), pimientos de padrón (spicy, salted, grilled green peppers), calamares (behind glass of white wine - fried squid rings), down below is a delicious plate of chopitos (little fried squids. mmmmm... :p ). Had a bottle of Rosado (rosé) wine, a couple bottles of Rueda white wine, and beer. oh, and Fanta de Naranja for the kids.

Goooood times.... Gooood times..... Until the next party!

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments