Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#75271 - 07/09/08 10:53 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I'm glad we have a time, a date and a venue! Could someone please give a little bit of directions to Cerveceria San Andres with Metro stop, etc.? I'm afraid I don't know it very well -- and I imagine there might be others who don't, either -- so it'd be helpful. Gracias and I'm looking forward to it! wave

#75272 - 07/10/08 03:51 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Plaza San Andrés, 4 is the address. Now that I plug in this address to http://www.Google.com/maps I see it can't locate it correctly. It's between the Plaza de la Paja and the Plaza de la Cebada (the HUGE bubble-roofed market) and is very close to the LA LATINA metro station, directly next to La Iglesia de San Andres on a pedestrian plaza. If you start at "Puerta Cerrada" below the Plaza Mayor and start walking downhill on the Cava Baja OR the Cava Alta, both streets will finalize just 20 meters from the Plaza de San Andres. It's true that this plaza is just a little hidden. I hope they're open when we get there!

Looking forward to it! Hope we don't have too much trouble getting a table although they have many.

The below photo is the terraza on the Plaza de San Andres. The Cerveceria San Andres is the yellow painted building on the corner on the left.

We had a Party with MadridMan at this terraza in the spring of 2004. See thread and more photos HERE

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75273 - 07/10/08 11:24 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Oh, I totally recognize this! I was there once a long time ago with some friends and I remember how much I liked the area. However, I wasn't paying attention to where we went and since then I couldn't remember that neighborhood. I looked at my notes from that trip after seeing your photo, and now I remember we had gone to El Bonanno which is right there, too.

MM's directions from Plaza Mayor were very helpful. I might add that the Puerta Cerrada exit is the southwest corner of the Plaza Mayor, where you exit to go to Calle de los Cuchilleros (the street where the famous Botin restaurant is located). Calle de los Cuchilleros becomes Calle Cava Baja and then follow it to the end as MadridMan says.

Looks great! thumbsup

#75274 - 07/12/08 02:13 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

BOINK!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75275 - 07/15/08 01:10 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Had lunch at the Cervecería San Andres just today. Decent service, big terraza, good views, and good prices. Should be a fine for our little get together at the end of the month. xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

#75276 - 07/16/08 02:40 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Boink!

#75277 - 07/18/08 06:02 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Boink!

#75278 - 07/21/08 11:33 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Oh man! I'm still kicking myself for missing the one on 2006 by mere days,,, it sounds like fun, I hope you all have a real good time!

Pour one down for the homies back home, OK?

#75279 - 07/23/08 06:00 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Hey , hope everybody's ready for the lunch .. Feeling much better after 2 weeks of cool English coastal air .. Man , like walking through a sauna here in Madrid now ( be prepared !) ... Nice to hear the cicadas from my balcony ... A nice cold bottle of Rueda would do nicely thank you . Looking forward to seeing you guys .

Steve

#75280 - 07/27/08 12:48 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Boink! Time's countin' down! See you there on the 30th at 8pm!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments