MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#75291 - 07/31/08 01:49 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
What a fabulous time we had last night! and MM´s youngest board member was there'my daughter, hee, hee.....I felt like I was enjoying the company of old friends, everyone is so wonderfully nice and happy (who wouldn´t be on a terazza in the middle of Madrid)....
it was great meeting la historiadora and Mario for the first time and seeing my old pals Steve and MM....
until the next time, laduque wave

#75292 - 07/31/08 03:03 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Wow! How envious in a healthy way... the pix of the tapas are killing me though...

#75293 - 07/31/08 04:04 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Hey Laduque ,don't hesitate to call me while you're here .I loved your company and that of your husband too !
And of everybody .Everybody really got on well and it was a real pleasure to see the kids enjoying themselves .
So what tapas did we have -- Pimintos padrones , Chipirones , Morcilla , Lacon , Pan ( claro que si ! ) , Fried fish , aceitunas .. a veritable feast ..And plenty of vino rosado y blanco ..
All this on a terrace until past midnight and STILL in the eighties ( degrees farenheight ) .. I walked home to Barrio Salamanca ... got back about 1:30am .. And Madrid was just beginning to party !!!!!!!! What a great city to live in ! VivaMadrid ! Mario , send meyour e-mail address and i'll send you the photos . Steve

#75294 - 07/31/08 04:10 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Que putada, vosotros comiendo chópitos y pimientos de piquillo y yo trabajando. Excusarme por no poder ir. A la espera de la próxima

#75295 - 07/31/08 07:05 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
It sounds like you guys had a great time! I am jealous...especially seeing those delicious pimientos de padron! I cannot believe that it was still so hot in the evening though. That is the only thing I did not miss. Here in Argentina it is winter and the weather this year has been mild.

It was nice to see your familiar faces, MM, laduque and your husband, and Steve Robinson. La historiadora too! I am happy to put a face to a name. Thanks for posting the photos.

#75296 - 08/01/08 12:53 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Ah yes, a bit camera shy, so sorry! wink But, I'm definitely not sorry I was able to attend! I had a great time meeting everyone in person and I'm so glad that all of us were able to arrange a time and a place in Madrid at the end of July. The food, the setting and especially the company were all fantastic. Thanks so much, everyone! I look forward to another reunion the next time I'm in Madrid! wave

#75297 - 08/01/08 03:03 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
la historiadora, it was great meeting you for the first time. Hope you had a good flight home.

steve robingson, it's true, I forgot about the lacón and morcilla which we ordered later. More good additions to the Spanish feast, as you say.

And while the temperature was no doubt in the 80sºF by midnight, there was a nice breeze the whole time and I'm certain I wasn't sweating so it was all gooooood.

jazz, hope you can attend the next one!

esperanza, maybe we can try another evening gathering while you're here next month. (it is next month, right?)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75298 - 08/01/08 07:12 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
YeaHH Historiadora .... So nice to meet you ...look forward to the next time you're in Madrid
besos ... Steve

#75299 - 08/02/08 05:40 PM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hi MadridMan! unfortunately I will not be in Madrid next month! My daughter will be there starting classes at the end of the month, but we won´t be going with her. She is on her own. We will come for a visit at Thanksgiving. So,hopefully we can get together then! smile

#75300 - 08/03/08 06:38 AM Re: MadridMan July get-together? 2008
oiram Offline

Loc: Madrid, Castilla
Hi everyone
it was very nice to see MM and friends here in Madrid again.

...Steve I already sent you a reminder for those pictures!

uff que calor!
oiram

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments