Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#75104 - 09/08/07 12:58 PM Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
UPDATE: We'll meet on Wednesday, 4:15pm, 21 September at Cine Ideal for the 4:30pm movie.

Anyone want to get together for the movie " Live Free or Die Hard "? It's called "La Jungla 4.0" in Spanish and stars Bruce Willis in the 4th installment of the DIE HARD action movies. This one started showing just yesterday, I believe.

I've been looking forward to this one as it's been 12 YEARS eek since the DIE HARD Part 3 movie, Die Hard: With a Vengeance .

Anyone? Maybe not this coming week but the following week? That'll give more people to attend.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75105 - 09/10/07 02:06 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Yes I would be about for this in the next two weeks or so. I would prefer not a Friday but apart from that should be reasonably flexible with regards to times and dates.

I'll keep an eye on the post to see when it is.

#75106 - 09/10/07 05:21 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It'd be good to see you again, Jamongris.

How about sometime NEXT week. Say, Wednesday or Thursday?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75107 - 09/12/07 10:38 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Either would be ok, tending towards Wednesday to break the week up.

It seems to be on at 16:30, 19:00 and 21:45. Given a running time of 131 mins (has it become illegal to make films of less than 2 hours in length ?) could I suggest the 16:30 because the 19:00 would be moving me into last train home territory ?

#75108 - 09/13/07 05:00 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wednesday at 16:30pm would be fine for me too but I don't think Valenciano_en_Madrid can make it at this time.

Anyone else want to go or prefer a different day/time?

Saludos, MadridMan

#75109 - 09/13/07 07:40 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Well it would be nice to see him again if possible, so I'll keep an eye on the post and see what anyone can/can't do.

I seem to remember he promised to show me the Belgium beer place you two enjoyed last time...

#75110 - 09/13/07 04:15 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hello my friends!

I will join you. Wednesday is perfect to me. A break in the middle of the week makes it more bearable.
MM sorry that I didn't post about this film but, as you know, violent films are not my favorite ones.
Anyway I would prefer to see it in original version in order to practise my English.

After the film we could have some biers.

See you then next wednesday.

#75111 - 09/14/07 04:31 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT! ¡DECIDIDO! We'll meet on Wednesday, 4:15pm, 21 September at Cine Ideal for the 4:30pm movie.

I'll imagine no one else will be able to go this early but anyone's welcome to join. After that, we'll try to go get some tapas and also to the Belgian beer bar near the Plaza Mayor - Valenciano_en_Madrid's favorite. GREAT beer there!

Saludos, MadridMan

#75112 - 09/14/07 01:28 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Done, see you there. Have a good weekend all.

#75113 - 09/14/07 01:47 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Woo Hoo! Excellent! See you all there! Everyone welcome!

Saludos, MadridMan

#75114 - 09/17/07 04:08 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tick Tock. Wednesday's the day! Looking forward to it.

Saludos, MadridMan

#75115 - 09/18/07 04:48 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

BOINK! wave

#75116 - 09/18/07 10:32 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Executive Member

Hi,

See you tomorrow at Cine Ideal.

Un saludo.

#75117 - 09/20/07 02:28 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Good to see everyone again yesterday. I found the film highly entertaining, the Belgium beer afterwards well worth the highish price, and the company excellent as ever. thumbsup

#75118 - 09/20/07 05:57 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Good movie! I really enjoyed it. LOTS of unbelievable, high-flying action but very entertaining. Bruce Willis fills this role quite well with his scripted tongue-in-cheek commentary.

And while the movie was enjoyable, the time we spent on the terraza of CafeeKe bar - at the bottom of the stairs of Plaza Mayor's Arco de Cuchillero - was 10 times better. What a GREAT time I had and what delicious Belgian beers those were. Thanks for the suggestion, Valenciano_en_Madrid. I think I'll soon be adding that place to MadridMan\'s Favorite Madrid Terraces page ! thumbsup

Read about the evening in much more GRAPHIC DETAIL - plus "The UNTOLD STORY!" wink - on today\'s blog entry .

Message board members from left to right:
steve robinson, Jamongris, Valenciano_en_Madrid, and MadridMan laugh .

Until NEXT TIME, guys! Had a great afternoon/evening. Thanks very much.

Saludos, MadridMan

#75119 - 09/20/07 11:45 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "LIVE FREE or DIE HARD" (a.k.a. "La Jungla 4.0")
Executive Member

Hi!

I enjoyed a lot yesterday with you friends. wave

The film was very funny, sometimes I had to laugh a lot because of the very much exaggerated things the actors did in the film. Bruce was like a mix of Terminator and Superman, and the French bad guy was like a mix of Spiderman and Neo from Matrix, the funny thing is that they pretended to be ordinary humans, not superheroes. laugh

After the movie we had a very friendly chat about life in general. The weather was lovely and the company was very nice too.
Thank you very much.

See you next time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments