Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Ok MM.
See you there at 5:45pm

Saludos

#75085 - 08/30/07 03:21 AM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Woo Hoo! Looking forward to seeing you and the movie too!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75086 - 08/30/07 08:01 AM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
Meeko Offline

Loc: Madrid
I´m in! See you there

#75087 - 08/30/07 06:07 PM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
I didn't like the movie very much, too violent for me, but the company was great. The always friendly MM and the very nice in all senses Spanish-Canadian girl Meeko.
See you soon.

#75088 - 08/31/07 11:52 AM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Valenciano_en_Madrid hadn't seen the first 2 BOURNE movies so I can understand he was a little lost with the storyline. To be honest, I TOO was a little lost with the storyline and I HAD SEEN the first 2 BOURNE movie so...

There seemed to be TOO MUCH action in this movie, I have to admit. I like action and it was impressive but that was a little much.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there were a few scenes filmed in Madrid including several aerials, some at Madrid Atocha train station, and on some other unrecognizable city streets but definitely Spanish.

Better than the movie was the company, spending time with my good friend Valenciano_en_Madrid and meeting Meeko for the first. What a nice person she is, very interesting, and surely a successful career on her horizon here in Madrid.

After the movie we 3 went up to the rooftop bar Casa de Granada for a couple beers - the second of which was on the terraza outside after they'd called our name on the waiting list to get "a table with a view". It was worth it, fresh city air, cool breeze, VERY good conversation, and spending time with an old friend and (hopefully) a new friend too. That's the best.

Maybe we should start thinking about a get together for ANOTHER action movie, " LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD " (in Spanish: "La Jungla 4"), the "Die Hard part 4" movie starring Bruce Willis. I've seen the previous 3 so I'm waiting for this one and it's playing soon (September 7, I think) at the same Cine Ideal.

Until next time, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75089 - 08/31/07 02:32 PM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I too went to see the Bourne Ultimatum yesterday, although unfortunately not in Madrid. It was at the downtown theater in the small city in California where I live.

I do remember the Cine Ideal with fondness from our days in Madrid. I also remember that my Spanish was not good enough to understand that there was assigned seating, and I guess they wanted to know if we had any preference. It all worked out fine as it usually does.

Well, MM et al, please have a caña for me sometime.

#75090 - 08/31/07 05:46 PM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GoMadrid, "assigned seating" to U.S. United Statesens is truly an oddity. Luckily, if the ticket office sees/projects that few seats will be sold for a given movie they don't assign seats - as was the case for last night's movie.

Another oddity for us is two things: The bathrooms are (usually) INSDIE the movie theater and not outside. Also, after the movie, they shuffle you out the backdoor to the street so you can't go back through the theater halls or to the concession stands. On a previous movie, it had ended, and I really had to go to the bathroom so I moved towards the door and an movie attendant stopped me and told me I had to leave through the SALIDA so I then had to go find a restroom at some bar - and buy a beer and get a free tapa, which isn't usually a bad thing. hehehe.. wink

Read more about how I spent the half hour before yesterday's movie on the new BLOG by MadridMan .

Saludos, MadridMan

#75091 - 09/08/07 11:39 AM Re: Madrid Movie Get Together? The Bourne Ultimatum
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Sorry I missed this, by coincidence I saw the film the same day in London and enjoyed it very much, but then again maybe I'm easily pleased. It was indeed violent, but so were the first two in parts.

I would be about in the next two weeks or so for another film if anyone is going. Would be nice to catch up after a longish summer.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments