Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#75058 - 07/30/07 03:22 PM Madrid: August 6th get-together?
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
Anybody available for a lunch get-together on Monday August 6th? It's my last day in Madrid and if there is anyone interested still in the city and not soaking up the rays on some Mediterranean beach, let me know and we can set up a time and place. Saludos,
Torero

#75059 - 07/30/07 06:03 PM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'd be UP for this gathering! In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Where shall we meet?

As you mention, MANY people are on vacation these days.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75060 - 07/31/07 05:31 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
I'm up for it too since it's my last week in Madrid. Of course the usual caveats apply (Mondays are always busy at work).

#75061 - 07/31/07 06:36 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Can we make it at 1:45pm and hope to beat the lunch-rush? There's always the possibility that XYZ Restaurant will be closed so let's decide soon and I'll call to see if they'll be open.

ChrisR, hope you can make it this time! xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75062 - 07/31/07 07:58 PM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
I am really up for any suggestions. MadridMan, you always seem to know the best little places. Why don't you go ahead and pick the location? 1:45 would be perfect. Looking forward to it!

#75063 - 08/01/07 04:31 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
neilstrauss23 Offline

Loc: madrid
First of all, Happy Summer to all!

I cant make it on Aug 6 since i will be in Palma de Mallorca! so i hope we have other gatherings aside from that!

Besitos...

btw, im collecting postcards, can anyone bring me some!!

kisses!

#75064 - 08/01/07 01:09 PM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
you may want to check out the cooking schools, Mostaza is the only I've been to but there are three. They're cheap and fabuous. Only negative is they don't take reservations and the wait can be long but it's well worth it.

If anyone is interested a group of us will be heading there Sat August 11th for a late lunch.

Rob

#75065 - 08/02/07 11:48 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I would love to have come along as usual .. but i'll be soaking up the rays in Greece ( Crete ) .. I look forward to the next one though . MM have a good portion of Morcilla for me ( no innuendo intended ) .

#75066 - 08/02/07 02:42 PM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Let's meet at 1:45pm at Restaurante Bazaar on Calle Libertad, 21, ( CLICK HERE FOR MAP ). just one block southeast of Plaza de Chueca (metro Chueca).

I had lunch there again today and wow, very good and stylish food, stylish place, and good prices too. The owners of Bazaar also own "La Finca de Susana", another good restaurant in the same area.

Last year, members steve robinson and Tim Horton's Man (among others) had lunch there and I think they were all happy it.

I must say that the food is very very good but it's definitely not traditional Spanish. I hope that's okay with everyone. I usually try for SPANISH SPANISH food places with our message board groups but I think you'll all be happy with it.

See you there!

Saludos, MadridMan

#75067 - 08/04/07 04:50 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Boink! See you all there on Monday! Looking forward to it.

Saludos, MadridMan smile wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments