Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#75031 - 07/12/07 02:43 PM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Members ChrisR & steve robinson might be joining us but unless some others come without notice it might be just us - which is fine. MANY MANY people are on vacation and we've only given people a few days notice.

Looking forward to seeing you again! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75032 - 07/13/07 12:26 PM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I just saw the weather report. MONDAY is going to be the coolest day of the week at 82ºF(36ºC). Tomorrow/Saturday is going to be the hottest day at 97ºF(36ºC). eek THAT'S the good news. The BAD NEWS is that it's supposed to rain which could literally put a damper on the lunch gathering. Let's see if the rain really comes. We certainly need it - not to mention the cooler temperatures which come along with it. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75033 - 07/14/07 06:20 AM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I feel the heat already, and it is only 12pm....Well, I hope Chris and steve and make it too, I know many are on vacation...

I will check here on Monday morning to see if it is raining and if we will literally have to take a rain check, I hope not though....

See you Monday!

#75034 - 07/15/07 01:54 PM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tomorrow it should be MUCH cooler - knock on wood. xfingers Hope to see you there!

Saludos, MadridMan

#75035 - 07/16/07 05:50 AM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Heading towards the restaurant now as Iwill be shopping along the way! See you there! :jump:

#75036 - 07/16/07 08:12 AM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Hope you all have a good lunch. My last clients have just left so I won't be able to make it.

#75037 - 07/16/07 02:21 PM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We DID miss you, ChrisR! What a shame. I was looking for you at the door the entire time. frown

Just got back from the afternoon gathering. Members laduque, steve robinson, and I had a fantastic lunch at La Sanabresa. laduque and I had the albondigas as the second course and steve robinson had the cordero - because there was no cochinillo left. frown We all shared a plate of morcilla de arroz (mmmmm....) and a bottle of white wine. We were stuffed.

At the end, just after finishing, member Valenciano en Madrid arrived and so we all went to a terraza on the Plaza Santa Ana, the Naturbier bar terraza and had home-brewed, all natural beer while discussing things about Spain, Valencia, travels, and life in general.

The day turned out to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!! It was pleasant in temperature, a light breeze, mostly sunny, and no threat of rain whatsoever - although we could've used the rain.

Hope you all had a good time. I know I did! Until next time,

MadridMan

#75038 - 07/16/07 05:26 PM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
It was a nice meeting with friendly people. We had some beers and a chat at the lovely Santa Ana Square. The weather was not as hot as it is suposed to be in mid July.

See you soon guys.

#75039 - 07/17/07 10:07 AM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

What a great afternoon. It was wonderful chatting with y'all, and the weather could not have been better.
Thank you for making one of my last days in Madrid this year, a memorable and fun one! Next summer, we will have to do it again!
Everyone have a great summer vacation, and i´ll "see" you on the message board!

saludos, lisa wave

#75040 - 07/17/07 11:14 AM Re: Madrid: July 16th lunch get together!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I remember last summer´s lunch laduque! I was reading about this year´s lunch with anticipation, wishing I could join you again. Maybe next summer! Right now I am in the Northwest of Argentina, in the middle of the winter. The food is good, but we are missing all of the wonderful things we love to eat in Spain: from the queso manchego to the jamón iberico, to the cochinillo, to the...well, I could go on and on! Here in this part of Argentina they have wonderful empanadas, delicious steak (of course!)and great wines...so, we are treating ourselves well...but it is hard not to be in Spain for the summer.

Well, thanks for keeping us posted on the lunch. smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 764 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments