Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#74876 - 05/02/07 02:29 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
Gata Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
You never meet on weekends?

#74877 - 05/02/07 02:33 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
You're probably right, I'll check the board when I'm back late next week, see if anything's happening.

#74878 - 05/02/07 03:32 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How about lunch on Tuesday, May 8th?

Gata, we never meet on weekends for Lunch mainly because people already have plans. We do, sometimes, have evening gatherings - something we should start thinking about for the end of this month.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74879 - 05/05/07 04:56 AM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Boink! wave

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74880 - 05/06/07 07:17 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Lunch Tuesday, 1:45pm, 8th of May at Restaurante La Puebla (again!), Calle Ventura de la Vega, 12 .

They have a good, extensive, reasonably priced Menú del Día.

[img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVcLyG9a1UJfb8mG40oUXwV6aglK3yWsEnVaogfrEKppmRbdeuCMJeE6Dt/8iQpRxB99+iLGb8wq0pufm5mHPNpGFXiLCpHtO6MPBArHS/Sc7XEJZ4nytwxJjG8g7KeqSMNgwYKbF/r5q3m76SQDWHPA==[/img]

Saludos, MadridMan

#74881 - 05/07/07 03:49 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tick-Tock! See you all there tomorrow at 1:45pm!

Saludos, MadridMan

#74882 - 05/07/07 08:39 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

11 hours to go! :jump: clap thumbsup

#74883 - 05/07/07 10:20 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

As always, please tell us about your (hopefully) delicious meals and take photos (of both food and people)!

¡Espero que os divirtáis! wave

#74884 - 05/08/07 06:05 AM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It will be my pleasure, la historiadora. I'm really looking forward to it thumbsup but am starting to think I've made-the-plan too late (yesterday) for (m)any to come. These things take preparation and when the plan is made the day before it doesn't give many people time to take notice of the thread. Cross your fingers! xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

#74885 - 05/08/07 02:49 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Unfortunately, O.P. RitaMarley nor sparkalina showed up at today's lunch, leaving just member steve robinson and I, again, just like last lunch, dining together alone. I'm rather sure it's because I set the date just yesterday and no one found it in time. These things really need to be planned weeks in advance.

member steve robinson had the cochinillo and I had the chopitos over boiled potatoes for me second course. First course was revuelto de morcilla, fried egg and morcilla all together. Mmmm.. So delicious. The total with the shared bottle of white house wine, desert, and chupitos (liquer) was 25 Euros total for the two of us.

After lunch we walked to Plaza de Santa Ana where we took a terraza table in the shad and sat for another hour or so, drinking two more glasses of white wine each. What a beautiful day it was today, just slightly on the warm side with a cloudless sky.

Too bad RitaMarley nor sparkalina could attend the lunch they wanted. I was looking forward to meeting them.

And I didn't take any photos this time either because I think we all, by now, know how the Restaurante La Puebla looks on the inside and the same for steve robinson and me. Good thing steve robinson came along. I would've felt rather foolish sitting there by myself.

Either that was the last attempted lunch for our message board or we'll have to plan it much further in advance and hope people attend.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments