Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#74886 - 05/08/07 11:43 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the food description! Did you at least have more comfortable seats than those during your lunch at Toscana ? laugh

Sorry it wasn't a bigger crowd, although I'm sure it's because the other board members weren't able to get the message in time. It can be tough to access the internet if your hotel doesn't offer it and you have to find an internet cafe. On my most recent trip to Europe we were so busy that I was only able to get to the Internet once during our 12 day trip, and that was in our hotel and after paying way too many euros for a brief half-hour! frown

#74887 - 05/09/07 03:56 AM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe.. Yes. The seats were much more comfortable at Restaurante La Puebla - these had seat backs! thumbsup We took the same table exactly where we had the lunch there last year.

Next time we'll schedule the lunch at least 2 weeks in advance. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74888 - 05/10/07 03:25 AM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Hi, well I'm back here now and..... yep I've missed another lunch frown

And to rub it in you even had drink in the sun. Having spent most of March and April here in the cold and rain while London basked in record temperatures (well for London), I popped back there and took the weather with me. Cold and wet there, sunny here.

It would be a shame to let these go. I've only made two I know, but have enjoyed them, the food, wine and company, very much.

I would certainly be happy to commit to a date in June and agree that more advanced planning should swell the numbers.

#74889 - 05/13/07 03:18 PM Re: Madrid: May 8th lunch?
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
MadridMan,

I am also very sorry. I am back in the states now, and while I stated in my earlier post that I would be back in Madrid on May 5th, we ended up staying in Seville until the 7th, and then spending 2 days in Segovia.

I commend you on your choice of restaurants, though, because without even reading this post I had lunch there on Wednesday the 9th.

I had pimentos rellenos for a starter and Gallo (a fish I had never heard of before but asked the waiter what the guy at the next table was eating because it looked sooooo good). Manzana al horno for dessert (wasnt on the menu but I have found that it pays to check out what others are eating!)

My dad had fried eggplant, dorado, and the apple also.
Finished off with aguardiente for him and liquor de hierbas for me.

Great restaurant!

Hopefully I will get my act together in the next few days and post a review of the restaurants we were at. Finca de Susanna, Museo de Vinos, the fishbowl at the Escuela de Belles Artes (can't think of the spanish word right now) and a whole lot more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments