MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74720 - 11/12/06 06:37 PM Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
jlnastal Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi all,
Some friends and I are hoping to catch the Ohio State v Michigan game coming up (on the 18th). Does anyone have suggestions on which bars might show the game, or places you'd suggest?

Many thanks.

#74721 - 11/12/06 06:57 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe... You won't find ANY bars showing that game or (likely) any other college football game in the entire country of Spain. (Saturday game at 9:30pm Spain time)

If you DO get a lead, however, please do let me know as I'd LOVE to watch it - the PRE-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-GAME. GO BUCKS!!

Saludos, MadridMan
THE Ohio State University, Class of 1989

Troy Smith, Quarterback, next Heisman Trophy Winner

Two GREAT coaches in USA University History: Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74722 - 11/12/06 07:46 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
JAcosta Offline

Loc: Los Angeles Calif.
Woody Hayes brings back great memories of Ohio State vs USC

Course you would never imagine where I am from smile

Is it possible to get NFL games in Spain?

#74723 - 11/13/06 01:40 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
jlnastal Offline

I thought one of the Irish bars might play it, since they do show NFL games, and have shown the BCS championship before... I'll let you guys know if I find anything out.

Also, I watch some games on sopcast.org - it has a live feed.

#74724 - 11/13/06 05:56 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

From time to time some of the Irish Pubs do show some of the bigger NFL football games (like the Super Bowl) and probably even a National Championship game for college but I seriously doubt they've ever shown a regular season college game. If you're passing by one someday this week why not stop in and ask if they even can (or know how to) tune in. Yes, please do let us know if you find out anything.

Sopcast.org, eh? NOW YOU TELL ME! You mean I've been missing all my OSU games all season and could've been watching them live online? Hmm.. Well, I just conducted a SEARCH of the sopcast.org website using keywords COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY, & NCAA and the results were 0, nothing, nada so maybe they ONLY broadcast NFL football games online.

Uff! rolleyes I was just searching the internet for warnings about the program and found the following one HERE in Spanish. The users complain that the file to install the sopcast program comes with spyware AND a trojan virus. Here are some comments...:

Quote:
TENGAN CUIDADO. ESE PROGRAMA TIENE SPYWARE Y UN TROJAN
Quote:
Recien entro, y me entero que esto viene con virus. Era de esperarse, siempre lo traen este tipo de programas Que mas da… si ya acaba el mundial :p

Bueno vena mejor en TV, Y NO SE DESCARGUEN ESTE VIRUS
Quote:
Tenian razon, mi antivirus Avast!, detecto un trojan…!!! :’( Parece q formateare mi disco duro
Quote:
No pss franco, no formatees tu maquina, pasale el antivirus KDE Ese elimina el trojan de este programa… Es un virus muy fuerte de eliminar, pero con q pases el scan y le des a “BURN”, podras mantener en cuarentena a ese virus. Se que no es lo mejor, pero es una gran forma de que no pierdas tus datos, por culpa de este TERRIBLE programa.
So, en fin, I think I'd rather NOT watch the game using sopcast than risk an infection. :yuck:

Saludos, MadridMan - Oh, and GO BUCKS!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74725 - 11/13/06 03:38 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
jlnastal Offline

Hm, thanks for the warning...so far, I haven't run into any security problems... They usually only list the channels around 15 minutes or so before the games start; I haven't looked for college football games, but they usually broadcast almost all the NFL games on there.

I'm probably headed to at least Finbar's this week, so will check with them about the Ohio-Michigan game. There are several bars I know of that broadcast at least two NFL games each Sunday through Sky Sports (a British channel)...

#74726 - 11/13/06 06:19 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

PLEASE DO keep me posted about this if you find a place certain to show the game. I'll be there! SERIOUSLY. I've already blown-off a birthday party just so I could stay home and listen to the game online/on-radio. Can't wait. It's big.

Saludos, MadridMan

#74727 - 11/14/06 04:24 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
Check out Moore's (used to be O'Donnell's a few years ago) right outside the Tribunal metro in C/ Barcelo.

They have several TVs, and are normally very willing to turn on any sports you like, especially on the TV upstairs, where it's less crowded.

#74728 - 11/14/06 07:03 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ABC is the network in the USA airing the 3:30pm (eastern USA time) game. I DO hope if ANYONE has an IN on WHERE/HOW/IF we can watch this game on a TV, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO tell me/us! xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

#74729 - 11/16/06 02:44 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Any updates from anyone? I'll try to listen to the game online at the very least - if all the listening "ports" aren't occupied. If at all fails I could watch the graphical (flash media) play-by-play on ESPN's GameCast.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments