Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#74631 - 08/31/06 08:11 AM Staying in a home in Madrid
Carly_Maree Offline

Loc: Somewhere in Spain
Hi my name is Carly I am a 24 year old Australian girl coming to Madrid for three weeks to study spanish. I would like to stay in a spanish home while I´m there. I am friendly and easy going and neat so if anyone has a spare room email me carlymaree@gmail.com and let me know how much you would charge per week or reply to this message
Cheers!

#74632 - 08/31/06 04:49 PM Re: Staying in a home in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You have a few options. But for such a short stay like 3-weeks it'll be tough to find much economical. In your situation I'd recommend visiting the website http://www.VenAMiCasa.com for Madrid, Seville, Barcelona, and Granada - to name a few.

There, they rent rooms in family flats. This is not necessarily a "home stay" with all the family interactions like cooking, taking out the garbage, helping with house cleaning chores and the like. I think it's simply a room rental. Of course, all situations are different. They charge by the night but some of the prices were really cheap, about 15-25 Euros per night.

And while this doesn't really apply to you since you only plan to spend 3-weeks in Madrid, but there was a report on Madrid Directo on TV just this afternoon about the flood of university students returning/going to Madrid for studies and looking for lodging. The report focused on shared living arrangements with 3 or 8 other roommates, all dividing expenses. Most were renting houses/chalets outside of downtown Madrid and were paying 400-500 Euros each per month. This sounds like a lot to me but you should've seen some of the houses these kids were renting. They were huge! Anyway, they showed all the paper postings on bus stop shelters on the campus areas - they were covered with them!

Best of luck to you! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments