MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#74526 - 06/13/06 02:57 PM Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
To all future would-be registrants of our message board:

Please do not register using your XYZUSER@earthlink.net email address. When these Earthlink.net people attempt to register (in most or in ALL cases) an email is sent to the would-be user from my server with a temporary password. This email gets bounced back to me with the following message:

Quote:

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:
Just so you know, I'm not going to click the link in order to be "screened" and therefore be an "approved sender" so that you can accept emails from me/us/the-server. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74527 - 06/14/06 03:42 PM Re: Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
MM........I have Earthlink and this is a service that the person has to "sign up" for. This is not an automatic service earthlink provides. I have no probelms with my email because I did not sign up for the service. It is supposed to eliminate SPAM emails.

#74528 - 06/14/06 04:17 PM Re: Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

MedicalMan, this isn't the DEFAULT setting for Earthlink.net users? Anyway, I hope future members will see this thread because I've had at least three ATTEMPT to sign up (maybe the same person!) in the last month and they couldn't get in because I didn't "click the link to become an approved sender". It's a good system to eliminate SPAM, I'm sure.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74529 - 06/21/06 03:59 AM Re: Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It seems MINDSPRING uses Earthlink services too. I just recieved a "bounce back" email from that server. rolleyes

IMPORTANT: Now I see that if/when an email is "bounced back" or deemed inauthentic that that user is automatically banned from using the message board. Interesting.

Saludos, MadridMan

#74530 - 08/30/06 02:54 AM Re: Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Another would-be member, Tio Tony, cannot be approved because his email account with Earthlink.net requires that I add myself to his "approved recipients" list in order to get his registration information sent to him.

Tio Tony, if you're reading this, please re-register using a different email address or SUPPRESS this funtion on your Earthlink.net email account in order to be approved to use our ALL SPAIN Message Board.

Saludos, MadridMan

#74531 - 07/14/07 07:51 AM Re: Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Reminder BOINK! Just had another would-be registered member with an Earthlink account whom will no be approved because of the Anti-Spam measures in place there. Hope said would-be registrant sees this so they can re-register using a non Earthlink email account like @yahoo or @hotmail.

Saludos, MadridMan

#84439 - 05/20/09 06:05 PM Re: Earthlink.net USERS - Registration warning [Re: MadridMan]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
MadridMan,

I know that I am really late to this thread, but as an FYI it might be relevant for the future.

The reason your emails are getting rejected is because you possibly do not have a reverse DNS record for your own mail server. A common symptom of a spamming mail server is one that has no reverse record, because the server will only exist for a short period of time so they don't register it. The downside is that any legitimate mail servers that fall into this bucket also get rejected.

HTH,
Daniel

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments