Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#74508 - 05/25/06 09:37 AM Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
jestevez123 Offline

Loc: Miami
Does anyone know where I can find a private individual person, who dedicates themselves to show tourists around in Madrid. I do not want to go thru an agency or travel company. These seem to be quite costly. I know that there are individuals who do this kind of work for a living and they are very succesful. Thank you

#74509 - 05/25/06 10:24 AM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Try the The Wellington Society of Madrid .

I went on one Stephen Drake-Jones tours, it was extremely fun and is one of the highlights of my visit to Madrid.

Also he has lived in Madrid for over thirty years and has interesting and funny stories about Madrid. Best told over a bottle of wine. thumbsup

Bill

#74510 - 05/25/06 12:02 PM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yup. I was going to suggest the same. His tours are structured and normally only takes small groups but I'm sure you could arrange a private tour by him. Chairman Drake-Jones is a British expatriate, has a humorous way of giving you interesting history and insight about Madrid. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74511 - 05/25/06 02:55 PM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
Yup. I was going to suggest the same. His tours are structured and normally only takes small groups but I'm sure you could arrange a private tour by him. Chairman Drake-Jones is a British expatriate, has a humorous way of giving you interesting history and insight about Madrid. Enjoy!
Let me tell you MM. On the Bloody Madrid tour it was only a couple from Oklahoma and me. If they did not show up it would have been a private tour. cloud9

But I did have a private tour in Sevilla. Cost me 15 euros and it was private only because I was the only one to show up at the meeting spot. thumbsup

Bill

#74512 - 05/27/06 09:19 AM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
what is williambert.com besides a blank webpage?

#74513 - 05/27/06 10:07 AM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Tim Hortons Man, it might be better to ask that question in a Private Message to Bill from NYC rather than here as it's not related to the thread. Thanks.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74514 - 05/29/06 04:49 AM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
I know at www.letango.com they can arrange private tours. I think the costs are listed on the website.
Maybe its costly but the reason is that in Madrid to give city tours you have to be an official guide which takes lots of studying and money to get.. so they cant do it super cheap.
Enjoy Madrid!

#74515 - 05/31/06 10:07 PM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
jestevez123 Offline

Loc: Miami
Thanks to all for your help, I will try both suggestions and see what I come up with. I love this website.

#74516 - 06/07/06 03:03 PM Re: Madrid: Individual Private Tour Guides ?
terrilang Offline

Loc: maryland
I would avoid letango -- now called alba spain travel. I did not have a good experience with them. Terri

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments