Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#74353 - 02/22/06 04:16 AM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Someone recommended to me "Las Cuevas de Sésamo" on Calle Princípe, 7. I haven't visited it yet but hope to do so later today. Anyone else been there and back-up the recommendation as a place to start?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74354 - 02/22/06 09:51 AM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MadridMan,
I have gone to las Cuevas de Sésamo many times ...It is a fun place to hang out and in addition the sangría is pretty good. But, the thing I like the best is reading all the famous quotes on the walls. My ONLY complaint is the amount of smoke there sometimes gets to me!

#74355 - 02/22/06 10:08 AM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

esperanza, et.al.:
I'm going to get a peak of Las Cuevas de Sésamo on Calle Princípe, 7 this afternoon and will report back upon returning. It's my prediction that since this bar is in the old city center that it has gone SMOKE FREE along with many others in the area.

[img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVcLyG9a1UJfb8mG40oUXwVxYEIcHyLxkxzu4ehGmOa5Cmwb+4ZyETDSxx0WTV4jOUDTtLk4RhHrpnYHVZx+BYFwmVWC35V0JK+tGhIgwwv5BCARkMWRILj+777SLeEZe1AuHaqeltJLRy7JTvWIQAcA==[/img] [img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVcLyG9a1UJfb8mG40oUXwVzdXUnFSax1FSYHw/bMoRt5c1nn6YBXAbOQQw0yzEsvVphxYN3BPsL7PEcZgz48kxdgpyHf/vdYf+2M7ymiAeRUQZkQJjjf+e1xsnaluGrfM+1tXErfnqCGgNCyrxPC89w==[/img]
[img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVcLyG9a1UJfb8mG40oUXwV6QcNHcRIWkh1SefJBeW8Q7/aPkHjRkuvHTxU2RlF4140iAM4jmIfhtED7raORjeI5uD9wFHV5uS9hfGrA7RHcmafE32/qOq7jlrYVm4mrZl3b4oSmvDoTWaD2S/XZOpCw==[/img]

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74356 - 02/22/06 02:19 PM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE (with bad news): I walked by the Las Cuevas de Sésamo today and it looks JUST as it does in the above photos - SHUTTERED and closed. I walked by at roughly 6pm and couldn't imagine it would be closed at this hour to open again later. Most all bars are open at 6pm for the Vermouth crowd.

So I was strolling around and found that (at least one) of the Museo del Jamón eateries have a separate room for dining although I don't know if we can push tables together and just drink and eat something too.

Anyone have any more ideas? Clock's ticking!

Saludos, MadridMan

#74357 - 02/22/06 03:38 PM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ANOTHER update: I just spoke with the person who recommended Las Cuevas de Sésamo and she said that it probably would NOT be open at the time I was there (6:15pm or thereabouts) but that it would probably open at 8 or 9pm because it's more of a Mesón.

SO, maybe Saturday night I'll try to go by there again to check it out.

Any other suggestions?

Saludos, MadridMan

#74358 - 02/22/06 05:20 PM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
Yes - I suggest you have the party after March 9th because I wont be back in Madrid until then :-) Just kidding :-)

#74359 - 02/23/06 03:04 PM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
imask8r Offline

Loc: Denver Colorado
Gee I'll probably miss this fiesta as it will be our first day in Madrid after flying in from Atlanta by way of Florida originally from Colorado...but I'll sure make the next one!
Imask8r

#74360 - 02/24/06 03:22 AM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
HI , well this is my first post on MadridMan , but I just happen to be travelling to Madrid on Feb 27th ... I'll be staying for at least a couple of months on a teaching course . If the venue for your party is decided before I leave I'd love to think about turning up if that'd be OK ? I'm travelling in from a place called Southend-on-Sea , about 40 miles East of London (UK) .

saludos ,
Steve

#74361 - 02/25/06 04:20 PM Re: Madrid March3: Party (CANCELLED) with MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

PARTY CANCELLED. Sorry, folks! I haven't been able to secure the location for the party and we're just 6-days before the scheduled party date. That's rather late for people planning trips.

A new thread will be started with a firm location one month in advance but I can't imagine it'll take place anytime in March because I'm traveling quite a bit - but maybe in April when a lot of people are visiting around the Semana Santa festivities.

Sorry to anyone who was planning on attending. There'll be another chance. I promise! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments