Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74322 - 02/12/06 02:09 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
rocketshipjack Offline

Like MM said, La Puebla, was great. And it WAS strange that the waiter asked us to "move along" because the table was being eyed by some hungry people. On the other hand, I would have wagered a shilling that the tip was the largest tip the waiter had ever seen. hahahaha.

Nice to meet everyone. Maybe we could think to expand our horizons and have lunch up here in the mountains were I live. San Lorenzo de El Escorial, famous for "the grey palace" of Felipe II built in the 14th century, offers some fine eating establishments. After lunch, an exploration of the grey palace, or a quiet walk in the "Parque de Felipe II" to relieve city tensions or a full stomach, is certainly an option now that the days are getting longer.

Ah yes, the photo. Well, I forgot to load the camera with film. What's film? Just joking. Enclosed is the digital image. Wait, maybe I can't enclose the photo. Ok, MadridMan, look for an email with the photo, so you can string it in.

Let's "do" lunch again soon.

rocketshipjack

#74323 - 02/12/06 03:32 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the photo, rocketshipjack. It turned out pretty well!

From Left to Right:
Mongo, MadridMan, Mongo's brother Terry, SRedw, and rocketshipjack (not pictured - taking Life Magazine-quality photo)

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74324 - 02/13/06 04:05 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm glad you enjoy your meal. I see you sat at the same table I use to do there, at the far left end of the place (was it the last-but-one in that left side?).

About they inviting you to leave the table if finished, well, it happens sometimes in Spain if there are people waiting and it's not too late to accept new customers. I hope they weren't rude when asking you...

#74325 - 02/13/06 05:07 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
rocketshipjack Offline

Never a rude moment. It was just unusual.

So, where do we go next? And when?

later

rsj

#74326 - 02/13/06 05:26 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm with rocketshipjack. The waiter wasn't rude at any time but I was surprised with the request. Comparing the two ("La Puebla" and "La Sanabresa") I think I'd still choose "La Sanabresa" as my favorite.

Where next? Stay tuned for a new thread - or start your own!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74327 - 02/13/06 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
SRedw Offline

I also enjoyed the lunch. The food and conversation were excellent and it was great to meet new people. The waiter was cool and kinda made me tingle inside when he talked.

Looking forward to doing it again.

Shawn

#74328 - 02/19/06 08:47 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent photo guys!It's great to see that the good ol' MM gatherings in Madrid are back! smile

#74329 - 02/20/06 03:38 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks, El Marques de Concha Espina! They're back and more regular - in the daytime too. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

#74330 - 03/05/06 09:34 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I also enjoyed myself, although the lack of wine was certainly uncharacteristic on my part.

I'll be making a return visit in late/mid April. Rocketshipjack has made an intriguing proposal. In all my visits to Spain, El Escorial is a place I have never been.

#74331 - 03/07/06 10:03 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Love the picture. Looks like a great time. I'll be in Madrid in early April, so if by chance another MM outing is on the books, I'd love to join.

Mongo, I'm in South Minneapolis. How much time do you spend here? It might be fun to meet up and chat about Madrid/Spain or whatever. Let me know if you might be interested.

sm

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments