MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#73955 - 06/10/05 10:21 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Murdy, thanks for your input. I've heavily promoted these gatherings in the past so we've often had 45-60 people attending which, as you can imagine, makes it a great challenge to get everyone together at tables.

At the last "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" I went to Cervecería San Andrés the day before to ask about reserving some tables but the owner said no, we couldn't do it. And I could understand why. When I arrived early the next evening for the gathering there are nary a table to be had - totally full. The few early birds just stood around 'til a table came free, took it, then waited for the next one, etcetera. By the end of the night, about 3 hours later, we'd been able to put about 6 tables end to end and that was fun.

This time around, I'm only guessing that we MAY have 20 persons. It's my experience that about 25% of those on "the list" are no-shows for one reason or another. No problem. Plus, any terraza owner would be taking a big chance to RESERVE valuable tables for people who might not show up. Plus, people don't come all at once, they'll just come one-by-one. If we start at 8pm (I'll be there a little early) we MAY have a couple people come shortly AFTER 8pm (these are always the United Statesens) and the others will trickle in over the next couple of hours. Hopefully people won't come too late because I don't imagine we'll be there for more than 2 or 3 hours - depending on how much fun we're having, of course - but I, myself, don't expect to go "bar hopping" although there's usually a smaller group which breaks off and does just this.

Any more suggestions, anyone?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73956 - 06/10/05 10:23 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
nevado Offline

Jo-Anne, are you going to go???? smile

#73957 - 06/10/05 10:53 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
That makes sense to me, MadridMan. So, it's june 23rd at 8:00...and whatever place we decide on, right? I should be able to make it.

#73958 - 06/10/05 11:59 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Working in our favour is the time. 8pm is early and the terrazas shouldn't be crowded just yet. I just recalled another bar with a garden/terraza. It's called Reporter and it's on Calle Fucar 6, just off Huertas. I haven't been for a long time and we'd have to check they have no concerts or such planned for that night. Has anyone been there recently? I'd go round myself except I'm catching a flight to Mallorca later and won't be back in Madrid till 18 June. Oh, that rooftop Granadan bar is on Calle Doctor Cortezo. It's the last building on your left as you walk from Plaza Benavente towards Tirso. The outside is a non-decript entrance to a block of pisos. Press the button for the sixth floor and wait to be let in, speak-easy style. But don't tell everyone Mariposita!
Sorry for that aside. Anyway, I think towards San Andres/La Latina is our best bet because they have real tapas there. There's also Plaza Dos de Mayo, which has lots of terrazas, but I'm not sure of the food situation. (I'm an incorrigible drunk, myself, and usually forget to line my stomach)

#73959 - 06/11/05 04:37 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Nevado

I'm not going frown , but my son and his friend will be in Madrid at that time so I may send them to spy on my behalf. Although, as Chica says, they may end up having 'better offers' (no offence MM wink ).

Are you going?

We still need that joint jaunt to Madrid so's you can show me all the things you know ... (have a memory of a conversation about beautifully tiled men's toilets? cool )

Can you re-send me your email address please? Ta

Have fun everyone.

Jo

#73960 - 06/11/05 04:16 PM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
Oh, that rooftop Granadan bar is on Calle Doctor Cortezo. It's the last building on your left as you walk from Plaza Benavente towards Tirso. The outside is a non-decript entrance to a block of pisos. Press the button for the sixth floor and wait to be let in, speak-easy style. But don't tell everyone Mariposita!
Mariposita -- Let me know if you ever go to that resturant! It might be an interesting place to check out for our dinners! wink

#73961 - 06/12/05 09:29 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Thanks Barry! I had heard about this place from a few others, but never understood exactly where it was... Want to come down and check it out with me someday Chica?

#73962 - 06/14/05 06:13 PM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We still need to finalize the PLACE for our small gathering. Shall we just say the terraza of Cervecería San Andrés on the Plaza de San Andrés? Or dare we try the rooftop terraza on the Plaza de Tirso de Molino? Barry recommended the latter. Sounds like an interesting out-of-the-way place but not sure everyone (including me!) will be ble to find it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73963 - 06/17/05 05:19 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I leave for Madrid TODAY! Hope to see some of you on Thursday, June 23rd!

Saludos, MadridMan

#73964 - 06/18/05 02:19 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
I hope I can make it this time. I head to the States for a much too short vacation on the 24th, so don't know if I'll be too busy tying up loose ends. If I miss you all, hoist a couple for me and better luck next time around!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 754 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments