Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7383 - 09/13/04 07:13 AM Malaga
janb Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I have booked a flight to Malaga (1 October) and booked lodgings in Nerja (apartment in Capistrano) and Granada (Hotel Suecia). I will post reviews upon my return.
However, I am still looking for a hotel in Malaga (2 nights prior to our return flight). As I managed to stay under our budget for the previous accomodations I thought I'd treat myself (and the wife)on a luxurious farewell to Andalucia. Mind you, the Parador, much as I like it, is a bit over the top. Does anybody have a good suggestion i.e. actually having stayed at a "higher class" hotel?
One last prerequisite: I am looking for a hotel in the center of town, not on the outskirts or near the airport
Jan

#7384 - 09/14/04 05:27 AM Re: Malaga
missbernie Offline

Loc: Ireland
I'd suggest Hotel Larios . I stayed there in July this year. It's a cool, 'art deco' 4 star right in the centre of Malaga with balconies overlooking the main street where we were lucky enough to see the an amazing religious procession complete with blindfolded men carrying a statue of the Virgin and whafting clouds of incense! There is a rooftop terrace bar too which unfortunately was closed when I was there. Cannot remember how much per night but not too excessive for the lovely decor and great service.
It is well worth it for a treat.

#7385 - 09/15/04 04:47 PM Re: Malaga
janb Offline

Thank you for your info. After having communicated with the sales manager Carolina (her English is very good)on a number of subjects I have now booked at hotel Larios.

I will report on my experiences upon my return in the second half of October.

Jan

#7386 - 09/17/04 04:05 AM Re: Malaga
janb Offline

Actually (and this may interest you, missbernie) Carolina -or Carol, as she calls herself- spent 7 years living and working in London. Hence her superb command of the English language. She even has a slight Irish(!) accent (her own words) due to the fact of having an Irish boyfriend!
Jan

#7387 - 09/17/04 06:52 AM Re: Malaga
missbernie Offline

Loc: Ireland
Wow! What a shame I didn't get to meet her during our stay there. I really hope you enjoy the Larios as much as I did. Judging by your list of requirements it should suit perfectly.
Do let us know your impressions when you return.
Have a great holiday.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments