Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#73888 - 07/06/05 01:26 PM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm pretty darn sure LATINA is the closest metro stop - and it's QUITE CLOSE too.

I really liked the Cervecería San Andrés, in the shadow of San Andrés Church. The terraza is quite large, probably having 30 tables or maybe more. The restrooms are inside and downstairs. The food and drinks seemed pretty cheap too as this place is off the tourist map.

Terraza of Cervecería San Andrés below:

Also, check out the April 16, 2004 Party With MadridMan in Madrid thread HERE where you'll see links to some photos of the place.

Enjoy! Wish I could attend. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73889 - 07/08/05 07:37 PM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Chrissiij! I hope things are better in your neck of the woods.We are all mourning this terrible London tragedy. frown

I read your vivid description of what you went thru on that day and I sure hope that you can make it to Madrid for some distraction.Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.Have fun in Madrid! smile

#73890 - 07/09/05 04:47 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. I am just grateful that I managed to kick myself out of bed early for a change, so I could stay on the bus all the way to Tottenham COurt Road, rather then get on the piccadilly line, which wouold have placed me at Russell Square at the same time as the explosion.

I am still reading yesterdays papers today, looking in disbelief and horror at the carnage. I can only imagine what these people went through and I think they are all so brave and deserve our respect.

I fully intend to go to Madrid next saturday, if anything can help me feel a little better, then it is the city of Madrid.

Christine xx

#73891 - 07/09/05 06:18 PM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
Lynette Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Chrissiij, likewise we have kept the people of the UK in our thoughts. Plan to see you and the others on the 16th. Wishing you a wonderful trip back to Madrid.

#73892 - 07/15/05 05:21 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

So it's final, eh? Cervecería San Andrés 8pm. Cool! cool Have fun!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73893 - 07/16/05 05:38 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
The day is finaly here and I am at heathrow! Look out for me tonight - I am tall ish and blonde and my friend has dark hair and looks like courtney cox!!!

xxxx

#73894 - 07/16/05 08:45 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
Look out for me tonight - I am tall ish and blonde and my friend has dark hair and looks like courtney cox!!!
eek :p eek My goodness! eek WHAT AM I MISSING?!!?!? confused Maybe I can get a flight there in time.... heheheehe...

Have fun, everyone! Saludos, MadridMan

#73895 - 07/18/05 08:35 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HEY! How was the "PARTY"?!?!? We're dying to know!

Saludos, MadridMan

#73896 - 07/20/05 06:00 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hey, my mom and I were at the cerverceria san andres from about 815pm to about 930 and did not see anyone from MM, we even approached a couple of tables. was anyone else there?
Anyway, too bad it didn´t turn into a get together, but my mom and i had a great time tasting tapas and cañas down the cava bava!

maybe next time!

#73897 - 07/20/05 11:00 AM Re: Madrid July 16: It's PARTY time!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's a shame, laduque. It's been my experience that only about 50% of those "confirmed" will attend. Unfortunately you did better than that with 100%. hehehe... Too bad. Now is when you'll the reasons as to why those "confirmed" couldn't make it - which I'm sure are all true. hehehe... wink Oh well. People are people.

Still, glad to hear you and your mother enjoyed yourselves.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments