Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7375 - 09/03/04 04:04 AM madrid...hostal for elderly couple
joanagain Offline

we will be travelling through madrid in november, this year...my sister and i are now seniors and wonder if there are hostals with elevators, as we have difficulty climbing stairs with luggage...and do we really need to make a reservation this far in advance or can we just show up, in most cases...thanks

#7376 - 09/03/04 04:28 PM Re: madrid...hostal for elderly couple
virmonsal Offline

Loc: Southwest USA
The Hostal Victoria just off the Puerta del Sol was great in March when we stayed there. There is an elevator and it's very safe(you have to get buzzed in through two doors to get to your rooms).
It was really easy on the budget too. I think we paid about 60 Euros for a nice, very clean room with 3 beds. The metro is just a few steps away and breakfast is less than a block away. The lady who runs is probably also a senior (although she has a husband and a couple of young people helping her out).

#7377 - 09/04/04 04:14 PM Re: madrid...hostal for elderly couple
joanagain Offline

thanks VIRMONSAL...we will keep your information about Hostal Victoria as backup...
after reading the posts i discovered that Hostal Bianco II has an elevator and many favorable reviews ...so we just booked 4 nights in november with them...here is hoping that we don`t need to look up victoria, but i feel more comfortable having this recommendation ...thanks again.

#7378 - 09/04/04 06:32 PM Re: madrid...hostal for elderly couple
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi joanagain! Would you please give us your personal review of Hostal Bianco II here in this thread upon returning? Thanks, and enjoy your time in Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7379 - 09/04/04 07:56 PM Re: madrid...hostal for elderly couple
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
One thing I should point out about the elevator of Hostal Bianco II...it's small. Two people at most can fit in it, and with luggage...one at a time. But, it's an elevator and it works.

Sheryl

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments