Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#73624 - 10/29/04 04:20 PM Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Americans Overseas for Kerry Offline

Loc: Madrid, Barcelona, Salamanca, ...
While the Embassy's "official" party at the Intercontinental Hotel is closed to the public. (even Americans living here,) there will be an election watch party at Chesterfield Cafe, beginning at 8:00pm and ending at 6:00am, this Tuesday, November 2nd, in Madrid. There's gonna be tons of press, the pink press, famosos, live music, DJs, free food...The party of the year. No need to RSVP...Everyone is welcome...Spaniards, Americans, the international community...

#73625 - 10/29/04 05:11 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
How typical that the ambassador (check out the slime in HIS past! Incredible) and his party's party would be closed to everyone (probably except Pioneers and Rangers!), and that the Kerry bunch would be open to everyone. I think this sums up the difference between the two canidates quite nicely.

By the way, where is the Chesterfield? What Metro stop?

#73626 - 10/29/04 08:25 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Martín:

CHESTERFIELD CAFE. C/ SERRANO JOVER Nº 5. MADRID. METRO ARGUELLES.

I may be attending.

#73627 - 11/01/04 08:35 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Well.....I live in Madrid but I am not a Kerry man. I will watch from my living room.

#73628 - 11/01/04 08:52 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Be prepared for a long party. The Washington Times just reported that the Gallup POll, which usually has a clear leader in its final pre-election poll just said that the Bush,Kerry poll is even in the six key states! eek

#73629 - 11/01/04 03:41 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
I like to party as much as the next guy, but if you start the party at 8PM Madrid time, the west coast time will only be 11AM. As tight as this is going to be, the soonest that you will know anything will be about 3AM Madrid time. Besides all of you Kerry supporters will be doing is eating crow and putting on the black arm bands. :p

#73630 - 11/01/04 05:26 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Desert,

You might be hoping that the crow you're going to have to eat is prepared by Master Chef's out of the Sorbonne.

This one is way too tight to call, and might not be decided for a few days, if there are recounts.

As for the election watch in Madrid, that's one helluva party they have planned! It could last for days! Wish I was there to partake. It would be a blast hanging out, waiting for the results. Assuming there's a mix of Republicans and Democrats that can avoid getting into altercations. That's not cool.

Wolf

#73631 - 11/01/04 07:29 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
desert dweller Offline

Wolf:
It will be tight but I think Jr. will pull it out. I am like you it could take several days, and I enjoy a good party myself. Just hope those guys are peaceful rather than going for each others neck.

#73632 - 11/01/04 07:43 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
I too, believe it will be a long party...
and after all the votes are counted and recounted ad nauseum , and should Kerry emerge victorious...after all the euphoria is over and the cognitive dissonance sets in...then we'll see that Pete Townshend was right when he said: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

#73633 - 11/02/04 08:30 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
desert dweller Offline

Wolf, don't worry about the altercations, the La Gaurdia Civil has their way of keeping the peace. Trust me on that one.

I have been watching the papers from France, Germany and Spain for the last several months and there is not doubt that the "Three Stooges" ie. Chirac, Shroder and Zapatero are all in church today praying for Kerry. What none of the three of them wants to take into consideration is even if Kerry does get elected there is still the US congress that they have to deal with, and Jr had the blessing of the Congress going to Iraq.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments