Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#73654 - 11/03/04 11:18 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
There is a lot to celebrate at this party; first that democracy won. The people, by a large margin made their choice.

Record numbers of voters got out and voted, they fulfilled their civic duty well. It is aproud day to be an American and just this fact is a good fact to celebrate. Wish I were there!

Salud!

#73655 - 11/03/04 01:38 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
As Booklady said it is a time to celebrate democracy. It is also time for us to all put our differences aside and get back to work. Our country needs for all of us to pull together and solve some of its problems. Jr. is not perfect I never siad that he is, and some of the problems that America has he has induced. The important thing is that we can all be proud of, that for over 200 hundred years now the voting booth has been the way we have solved the "change of the gaurd." This is not a time for arrogance and bragging, it is a time for conceliation. One of the problems that we all need to start working on our elected officals is to bring about a amendment to the constitution to eleminate the Electoral College.

Madrid Man, thank you for allowing us to use this cite to post our differences and put them out for the world to see. Lets all drink a toast to Madird Man. Most importantly drink a toast to the Red White and Blue, and wheater you like him or not, democracy put Jr. back in for another four years, heres to Jr.

Now everyone get back to work and take care of you own household economy, and the nation's economy will take care of its self.

Good luck to eveyone hope to meet all of you in person someday. That includes you to Ignacio.

#73656 - 11/03/04 02:39 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Well I went to the count party at the Chesterfield Cafe here in Madrid last night. It was a bit like a frat party, actually. The crowd was huge, pro-Kerry and wildly enthusiastic. That's the thing I often admire about US citizens. Their optimism. I was staring into the abyss (it might have been the gin tonics) by about 5 AM and all these Kerry supporters were still cheering and convinced they'd pull it off. I then got home went to bed and had a rude and not unexpected awakening. Now, will it be Hillary in 2008?!!!

#73657 - 11/03/04 04:43 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hey Madridman,
I think we should move towards a democracy here on the Madridman board. I move for a vote to remove all topics in regards to political debate. I've been a member since 2000 and I think all these political debates (which are always the same) take away from the integrity of this great web site which I love.
If I want political debate, I go to CNN, BBC, bla, bla, bla. If I want Spanish insight, tips on travel, make new friends from other cultures...I come here.
ViVA LE RESITANCE TO POLITTICAL MUMBO JUMBO
VOTE NO!
wink

#73658 - 11/03/04 05:36 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry:

I had the suspect I had lost a great time. Confirmed now! frown

#73659 - 11/03/04 07:04 PM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
JoeSambuca wrote:
Quote:
Hey Madridman,
I think we should move towards a democracy here on the Madridman board. I move for a vote to remove all topics in regards to political debate. I've been a member since 2000 and I think all these political debates (which are always the same) take away from the integrity of this great web site which I love.
Yeah. I agree with you 100%, JoeSambuca, regarding your comment about it taking away from the board. I don't care for it either and added the "Non-Spain Discussion" forum for...well.. NON-Spain Discussions including political discussions. This particular thread is here in the "Classifieds & Personals" forum because it's a CALL for a Gathering but, well, you know how things go. People tend to pile on with their political views even though it has nothing to do with the WHAT, WHERE, WHEN details of the gathering itself which takes place IN SPAIN so it wouldn't really fit in the "Non-Spain Discussion" forum.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73660 - 11/04/04 03:21 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
Just been watching an interesting series of programmes....does this prove Mr Bush and Mr Blair have been lying to us?
www.bbc.co.uk/nightmares

#73661 - 11/04/04 09:35 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Bricamb wrote:
Quote:
Just been watching an interesting series of programmes....does this prove Mr Bush and Mr Blair have been lying to us? http://www.bbc.co.uk/nightmareswww.bbc.co.uk/nightmares .
As I said above in my most previous posting, postings like yours belong in the "Non-Spain Discussion" forum. This is a SPAIN-Related "Classifieds & Personals" forum. Thanks.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73662 - 11/04/04 09:40 AM Re: Election Night Party....Open to All (Madrid)
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear Bricamb,

I would like to ask questions, but feel it would be impolite to Madridman (see his post above)to do so in this the "Election party" thread.

Did you attend the party, by the way?

Saludos,
Carmen

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments