Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#73520 - 09/25/04 01:44 AM Madrid: Looking for English conversation
Jimena Offline

Loc: Madrid
I have been studying English for several years I would like to find someone to continue English conversation in Madrid. Are there any adult native English speakers in Madrid who would be interested? I like sports (football, basketball, padel, running.....)

#73521 - 09/26/04 10:18 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I will be in Madrid 21 November--11 December enrolled in Spanish language classes at International House. If you will be available, I would enjoy making conversation with you.

#73522 - 09/27/04 07:00 AM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
There are intercambio nights at some of the Irish pubs in Madrid. I believe also that Cafe Madrid (nr Opera metro) has an international night on Wednesdays. Good luck!

#73523 - 09/29/04 11:57 AM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Jimena
Thank you for your private message. I live in New York City and study Español at Instituto Cervantes there. I will be taking Spanish classes at International House in Madrid 22 November-11 December. I am 60 years old and am partially retired. I would enjoy meeting you for beers and conversation about sports or anything else. My e-mail is arthurgre@yahoo.com.

#73524 - 10/18/04 07:58 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
SHC11 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Sorry for the late response to this topic :o but filbert mentioned an "intercambio night" at some pubs and also "international night" at Cafe Madrid. I have a guess as to what these nights entail but if you could describe them some more, it would be much appreciated.

I'll be visiting Madrid alone for about 5-6 days in November and am a little concerned that I'll go nuts not being able to express myself fully (my Spanish is VERY rusty). Jimena, I'd be happy to converse with you but it seems you are looking for a regular conversational buddy.

Thanks!

#73525 - 10/20/04 12:32 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hello!
I will be in Madrid, with a few other English speakers, from 4th-11th madrid. We are having a little fiesta on 4th December. If you want to come, you are welcome to - just register your interest on the thread in this forum. The time and place has yet to be decided, but all suggestions are welcome.

Christine

#73526 - 10/20/04 03:50 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
SHC11 Offline

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the offer but I'll be in Madrid in November, not December. What a bummer, it sounds like you're going to have a great time at your fiesta on the 4th.

Hope you have a blast!

Shawn

#73527 - 10/20/04 03:56 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
La Sueca Offline

I'm interested in a fiesta on the 4th! Do you have any more information?

#73528 - 10/20/04 04:01 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
SHC11 Offline

Hey La Sueca,
Check out the topic entitled, "Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? - Dec 4th" in this forum.
S

#73529 - 10/26/04 12:03 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for English conversation
adamholt Offline

Jimena-
I am a student from the United States studying in Madrid for the year. I would like to find someone to practice my spanish with, as well.

If you wanted to get together some time, perhaps talk in both languages, give me a message and I´ll get back to you.

Adam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments