Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#73291 - 03/26/04 01:14 PM Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It's time for the (near) annual "Party with MadridMan in Madrid: v6.0"!!! (or is it version 7.0?? I've lost count) Mark your calendars and fit it into your travel/work/living schedule.

WHEN: Friday 9:00pm, April 16th, 2004
WHERE: Cervecería de San Andrés
WHO: Travelers, Spaniards, students, families, anyone!
WHY?: Meet other lovers of Spain, Spaniards, intercambio, practice your Spanish or English, laugh, drink, eat, and just have a good time!

Cervecería de San Andrés
Plaza de San Andrés, 4

SEE QDQ.COM MAP OF LOCATION HERE

[img]http://fotos.qdq.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=n0uWXUXXmKJH4DPDTyssLuRIjbA3bQ5FPtOx5ffqBX9Y7sU5OsTLY50GaHLVPlgoxM2ej7Da6Ao=[/img] [img]http://fotos.qdq.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=n0uWXUXXmKJH4DPDTyssLuRIjbA3bQ5FFJYdRRauiJxGpQt7/4j+SnOqi9NPVOwXoDfopk+aK2g=[/img]

About the location:
This is in (or on the edge) of LATINA, "below" the Palacio Real. Message board member barry wrote:
Quote:
Plaza San Andres (the big one in La Latina in the shadow of San Isidro's house and the church). The bar is called San Andres, does a good variety of food, is not as expensive as other terrazas and if there's space available, gets my vote.
This is a NON-touristy location so it may just be perfect for us... WAIT! We're mainly tourists!!! eek hehehe.. Oh no! wink

Unfortunately because of the "renovation" of the Glorieta de Atocha we won't be having the "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" gathering at the famed and favorite El Brillante. <sniff!> This is very very unfortunate and I'm quite disappointed. Believe me! Oh well. Time to try somewhere new.

As usual, I'd like to start at a terraza so we can all sit around and meet. After an hour or so of eating, drinking, and getting to know one another, we'll move on to someplace else and likely visit a few more places for more food, drink, and talk.

I ALWAYS look forward to these annual gatherings but this year has been a bit different what with the recent events in Madrid and Spain. I'd even considered not having it but... well... people are still traveling and maybe the get-together is more necessary now than ever. smile

See you there, I hope!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73292 - 03/27/04 01:47 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Madridman! I am pretty sure that PIM and I will be joining you for your soiree!

Will give some thought to possible locations. Have a great flight!

#73293 - 03/29/04 12:00 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
To meet the legend!!! Count me in!

#73294 - 03/29/04 01:03 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Oh, come on! rolleyes wink I look forward to meeting you!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73295 - 03/30/04 02:32 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
I'll be there

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#73296 - 03/30/04 03:58 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
I have a dinner that night but I'll be there with all you thirty minutes at 9 pm.

Pls note places:
El Espejo at Paseo de Recoletos
Cafe de Oriente at Plaza de Oriente

#73297 - 03/30/04 09:45 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, ABP!

I had considered El Espejo at Paseo de Recoletos & Cafe de Oriente at Plaza de Oriente but thought they'd both be too expensive but they are great locations. I should be announcing the location tomorrow night.

Saludos, MadridMan

#73298 - 03/31/04 12:09 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
MM:
Did you receive the e-mail I had sent you from my other e-mail address about two weeks ago? It was asking if you'd have time to visit my office while you were in Madrid this time around?

By the way, I hope to be able to join this party with MM, but can't stay late since I have to be up early on Saturday morning to take my son to his chess tournament!

#73299 - 04/01/04 12:53 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Location decided!! (see above, first posting) Woo Hoo! Now I can relax. You can be sure I'll check it out beforehand, "test" the food and drink wink (with pleasure!), and see if I can reserve a few tables for that night.

Can't wait to meet many of you whom I don't already know and anxious to see those whom I do know. laugh See you there!

Saludos, MadridMan

#73300 - 04/01/04 03:29 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I don't know when you're getting into town Madrid Man, but it might be a good idea to see if we can reserve tables in advance and cut some deal with the bar. I'll stop by and ask if you want. Let's just hope it's not pouring rain that day!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments