Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#73160 - 12/12/03 08:56 AM Madrid: Looking for Computer Person for Home Network Setup
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
By the end of the year I'll be looking for someone to help setup a home network (two PCs and a notebook) in our new piso. This will be the first time I'll have more than one PC and want to make the most efficient use of our family computer resources.

#73161 - 12/12/03 10:13 AM Re: Madrid: Looking for Computer Person for Home Network Setup
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi ChrisR!
Did we correspond about this in the last year? I was with someone but can't recall now with whom. One of our message board members, replay, does this kind of thing for a living (I believe) and I'm hoping to "employ" him to do the same for me once/if I move to Madrid.

I'm thinking of a wireless network. How about you? Just curious.

I'll send replay an ICQ pager message to check out this thread. I know he's always SUPER busy 7-days a week but you never know. He's been an absolute godsend (a real treasure) in home-PC-issues for my ladyfriend in Madrid but I know he works fulltime doing computer stuff like this too.

Keep us posted on this issue, please. Maybe someone else will be needing the same kind of service.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73162 - 12/12/03 12:07 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for Computer Person for Home Network Setup
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Yes, you had sent him a message, but I never heard anything further. I've only done a short walk through of the apartment I'll be living in and don't know how easy any of it will be. I have a pair of Dell PCs bought in 2002 and a fairly new Gateway laptop (June 2003), but none are presently configured for wireless connectivity. Yeah I know, how stupid was that, but the Gateway has just gone back for the second time for hardware repair!

#73163 - 12/12/03 01:17 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for Computer Person for Home Network Setup
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ChrisR, replay must be very very busy. I remember sending him the message the first time and followed up a few weeks later but I rarely see him online on ICQ anymore so... well.. who knows. Best of luck to you on this! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73164 - 12/12/03 01:28 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for Computer Person for Home Network Setup
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
ChrisR, I have myself a home network with two PCs and a laptop.

I have them configured in an Ethernet network with a HUB, a router (gateway to an ADSL conection) and a wireless access point for the laptop. If you have any problems with it just contact me wink

Fernando

#73165 - 12/12/03 02:39 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for Computer Person for Home Network Setup
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
ChrisR, Ya.com part of the T-Online group (Deutsche Telekom) is offering ADSL access plus a wireless router (US Robotics). Perhaps this is the best choice for you.

As for the quality, I heard the connection is very good but the customer service is among the worst.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments