Topic Options
#7307 - 08/04/04 10:31 PM Hotel Residencia Bruselas- A Guarda, Galicia
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Hotel Residencia Bruselas
C/Orenses,7
A Guarda
986 61 11 21

Very pleasant and clean with an attached bar and underground parking garage. It is just a short walk to the ocean.

We had planned to spend this night in Tui, but the places in Tui were dirty, expensive and not very well located. We changed our plans and after exploring Tui headed on to A Guarda. It was a good decision. The lady at the hotel bar had us sampling some yellow liquor that was really strong. I discovered that it comes in yellow black and maybe white, but right now I cannot remember what it is called.

#7308 - 08/05/04 05:40 AM Re: Hotel Residencia Bruselas- A Guarda, Galicia
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Might that be Orujo? rolleyes

That's what burns in a Queimada.

#7309 - 08/12/04 07:08 AM Re: Hotel Residencia Bruselas- A Guarda, Galicia
spanishl Offline

Loc: Madrid
did you go to A Guardia?

A co-worker of mine is from the town, it is in Galicia, right?

Was is nice?

#7310 - 08/12/04 09:15 PM Re: Hotel Residencia Bruselas- A Guarda, Galicia
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Yes, we enjoyed it very much. It has a nice small port and there was a concert the night we were there. We walked to the boardwalk for the concert and also enjoyed some time in the bar of the Hotel.

It is a small town, yet there seemed to be quite a few Germans in town. We also explored the area including the trip up the mountain to see Monte Santa Trega. The view from the mountain top is wonderful and it was not crowded. One direction looks across to Portugal. The entrance fee to the Monte Santa Trega was .80€ for adults and .30€ for kids.

Hopefully, I will find time soon to post more about the trip. I am so behind in my real life!! This is what happens when one runs off to Spain for 6 weeks!! laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments