Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#72441 - 01/16/03 02:07 PM Re: New (?) Spanish Restaurant in DC Area!
David K Offline

Hi All, I'm just starting to visit this board again after a long while. (Keep up the good work MM). Anyhoo, I live in DC with my madrileña fiance and we'd love to get together with others in the area interested in Madrid.

We've been to Jaleo in Bethesda once; I liked it, Maria was unimpressed (she sent the patatas bravas back to the kitchen because they had alioli (sp?) sauce on top instead of just bravas sauce eek ).

We both really liked Andalucia de Bethesda. Unfortunately, it's recently closed. But I believe the "original" Andalucia de Rockville is still open. Never been there.

In Adams-Morgan there is the "Churreria Madrid"; Maria says dinner there is terrible, but they do have real churros in the morning!

Also in Adams-Morgan is "El Rincon Español"; we were there about 3 years ago, and Maria says there was nothing really "Spanish" about it, neither the cooking, the decor, nor the people working there (even though their sign has the colors of the Spanish flag). I think now it's a restaurant during the day/evening and they turn it into a club at night.

#72442 - 01/16/03 09:04 PM Re: New (?) Spanish Restaurant in DC Area!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hey David!

Thanks for the info. I've started a new thread on this, but I think there are 3 or 4 of us so far that are interested. I'll be away this weekend, but on Tuesday I'll check it out again and try to organize everyone!

-Hasta pronto!

-GG

#72443 - 01/18/03 03:21 AM Re: New (?) Spanish Restaurant in DC Area!
Xylac Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
Tuesday, January 28 &
Wednesday, January 29, 8pm
Ballet Flamenco Sara Baras

Friday, January 31 &
Saturday February 1, 8pm
Farruquito & Juana Amaya

Friday, February 7, 8pm
Multiple Grammy Winner
Tomatito

Lisner Auditorium
http://www.gwu.edu/~lisner/

&#8220; ... Farruquito is already one of the great flamenco dancers of this new century&#8230;.he is nothing less than sensational&#8230;&#8221; The New York Times

#72444 - 01/18/03 03:23 AM Re: New (?) Spanish Restaurant in DC Area!
Xylac Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
Quote:
How about we shoot for the 1st or 8th of March? I'll put a new posting up for this...

-GG

GG,

I'll let you know,I will be back on February 24th.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments