Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#72322 - 11/26/02 07:26 PM New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
Bobster Offline

Loc: New York, NY
ALRIGHT YOU LAZY PEOPLE- it's time for me to get you all motivated again

I was thinking that we should have a dinner at the beginning of January. I know it's early but with people checking this message board infrequently (I haven't checked it since the beginning of September!) and holidays, I figured I'd give you all a heads up.

What do you guys think? Xunta was fabulous, but maybe we can try something else out in the city... give me some feedback guys, and I'm sure we can get even more than the 15 or so people that came last time!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Best,
Bobby

"To be is to do." -- Voltaire.

"Do be do be do." -- Frank Sinatra

#72323 - 11/26/02 10:21 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Bobster - thanks for getting it started again. I'm in!!!

#72324 - 11/30/02 03:16 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

sounds wonderful...let's start planning! BTW: has anyone heard from Jill? How is she doing in Madrid?
smile

#72325 - 11/30/02 09:12 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
JoeSambuca Offline

Hey guys I'm also in, I've been to a nice tapas place on the west side called Riazor
(I believe its on W16 or 19th)

Foods great and they can fit large groups easily.

SO what dates are we talking about really?

I saw Jill in Madrid in October. She seemed well but she was still adjusting. Haven't heard from her since then????

#72326 - 12/01/02 06:17 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
Bobster Offline

I've heard good things about Riazor- actually passed by it a couple weeks ago- it's on W16th Street. Definite possibility...

Christmas and New Year's is a very uncertain time for me, predominantly because I am considering exploring other career opportunities. I'm sure other people also have hectic beginning-of-year schedules. I would say that the best time to have the get-together would be the end of Jan/begining of Feb, possibly Jan 25th or Feb 1.

In the meanwhile I look forward to hearing more about spanish-related events in NYC like the exhibit and wine store that esperanza posted info about. BTW, I went to Divine Bar on E51st last night- great wine selection and amazing beers!

What do you guys think about those weekends?

~ Bobby

#72327 - 12/08/02 07:37 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm new around here, but I would LOVE to meet other people in New York who love Spain as much as I do. My friends literally turn away when I speak about it... I miss it so much!! But I'm going to be there in 11 days so I'm not going to complain to much... I come back December 31 and with the exception of Monday nights (I do volunteer work teaching English), I'm pretty free until the second week of January.

Melinda

#72328 - 12/12/02 02:46 AM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
Bobster Offline

Welcome to the group Melinda! How did you fall in love with Spain? Did you study or travel there?

Ok well I'm definitely going to be moving either to NYC or a lot closer... I just quit my job with Pepsi in Connecticut!!! (actually gave 2 weeks notice), so I am looking to be nearer to NYC while I search for a job- my friends think I'm insane for quitting in this economy, but hey, I'm 22 and I can't let myself stay in a dead-end job...

Anyway, how does January 25th sound to all of you? Joe Sambuca and I will arrange everything, we just need to get some more interest around here!!! Caminante, you're in charge of PR!!!

~ Bobby

#72329 - 12/12/02 10:59 AM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello!
Though I've been interested in Spain for years, my true passion for it came after studying there a semester last year.

My best friend is Galician and lives in a small village outside Vigo (you can actually see it on the Baiona webcam!). She helped me through every step of getting ready to go there and I spent two and a half weeks with her before the semester started and another week in the middle.

When I came home, I missed Spain so much. I found the people so friendly, so eager to accept me and just so in love with life in general. I loved everything about the country and I miss it so much. I go back in 1 week for a trip I really can't afford, but it's important to my personal sanity so I'm going.

I support your decision in quitting!! My friends all think I'm insane for leaving the country to attempt to teach in Spain when the city is desperate for teachers - especially teachers with a bilingual extension. But happiness should always come before money! At least for me it does... I'd rather be making $100 a week and walking along the coast of Cantabria to get to work than $1000 a week and shoving through tourists in Times Square. Good luck with finding a job here!!

Melinda
(Oh, I'm 22 as well)

#72330 - 12/12/02 10:10 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
JoeSambuca Offline

Melinda,

All I can say is Ole!!!
life's short... lets enjoy it. right Bobby R!!

#72331 - 12/12/02 10:40 PM Re: New York City beckons its Madrid-loving denizens!!!
Bobster Offline

Ok Rich, quick thought- remember when you mentioned a couple weekends ago that you were planning on going to Madrid over New Years? Is that still happening or was that just the result of too many rum and cokes? (oops, I mean rum and pepsi!) Call me crazy (and believe me a lot of people do) but I seem to be free at the end of the month... tell me what you're thinking and maybe we can paint the town roja together...

Melinda, I'm with you 100. What cities are you planning on visiting? I loved the north of spain when I went with my friends on a road trip during my study abroad... I completely understand how you feel... Have a great trip- salud, pesetas, y pulpo a la gallega!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments