Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72173 - 10/21/02 08:02 AM Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
Erina98025 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I am desperately trying to get some classes, as several academies have promised me that they would. In the meantime, I am looking for families that would be interested in private English lessons and tutoring in the home. I would even consider live-out nannying. When I attended university here two years ago, I saw a million such ads on bulletin boards everywhere. Any advice on where I might find these ads now? Or does anyone know of a family that wants a native English speaker? Thanks so much.

#72174 - 10/21/02 09:55 AM Re: Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I see that you're in Madrid but you didn't specify in your subject title or the body of your posting. So we should assume you intend to give these English classes at home in Madrid, correct?

The sister/brother-in-law of my ladyfriend, whom all live in Madrid, recently hired an English woman to come to the sister's house to be a kind of English tutor. The boy's only 4 years old so it wouldn't be teacher/student relationship but rather a play-relationship where they would only speak Spanish.

I would think there would be SOME market for this kind of thing for you. How much would you charge? Have you ever done this kind of thing before? Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72175 - 10/21/02 10:49 AM Re: Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
Erina98025 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Sorry that I wasn´t clear. I do live in Madrid and I want to go into the homes of Spanish families to teach English. I did this when I lived here two years ago. At that time, I spent a few hours a week in a Spanish home where I helped two teenagers with their English. Part of the time was structured with a lesson plan, part was conversation, and part was tutoring them on their English homework. I would like to find a similar situation where I go to the family´s house, whether it be to tutor teenagers one night a week while they do their homework, babysit and teach grammar to ten year-olds every day after school, or basically nanny four year-olds every morning. I am willing to cater to whatever the needs of the family (textbooks and lessons or just conversation and caretaking.) With that in mind, the price obviously would vary, but probably would be in the 10-15 Euro range.

#72176 - 10/21/02 11:18 AM Re: Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
nevado Offline

I would place an ad in the Segundamano (in Spanish). Now is the perfect time because the kids have settled into school and parents are searching for tutors. Every time I needed to pick up a class or two, one ad would suffice.

#72177 - 10/21/06 05:44 PM Re: Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Erina98025, I imagine you've LONG LEFT Madrid, returning to your homeland - wherever that is - but a friend of mine has a WANT for an English tutor for an 8-year old twice a week for 2 hours each time. Are you still looking for extra work? Anyone?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72178 - 11/04/06 01:07 AM Re: Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Wow, I wish I had seen this post when I was in Madrid. I have a Linguistics degree and have experience tutoring non-english speaking students, and working with children AND I was looking for work this past summer...

#72179 - 11/09/06 04:04 PM Re: Madrid: English teacher seeking private lessons
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Still no takers?

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments