Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72163 - 10/20/02 01:15 PM Madrid:Need a roommate ?
Alexander Offline

Loc: Rio de Janeiro
Hi there!

I'll be arriving in Madrid on November 3 and I do really need to find an apartment in a central area or closer to Complutense. I am planning to spend something around 180-220 euros / month.
I will be in Madrid for about 6 months, so I'd rather share an apartment with someone who plans to be in Madrid at least 2/3 months.

If you already have a place to stay and need someone to share it, please let me know.

I'm a 25 year-old Brazilian student.

Thanks!

#72164 - 10/20/02 01:48 PM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Alexander!
Wow, for 180-220 Euros per month you'll likely have to share an apartment with two or three (at least) other people. Hopefully someone here will have some infor/leads for you but you could also try the Classifieds at SpainAlive.com site. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72165 - 10/20/02 02:09 PM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
Alexander Offline

Thanks for the reply, Madridman !

Actually what I am really looking for is a 400/420 euro - month apartment. Isn't that a reasonable price?
That would cost 200/220 for each person.

Do you think it's hard to find something around this price?

Thanks for the tip ( link ) !

Alexander

#72166 - 10/20/02 03:15 PM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Alexander. I'm afraid I'm not the person to ask about rents, but 400-450 Euros per month for an apartment in Madrid, even near Complutense, seems a bit low unless it's an attic studio apartment. Good luck to you and hopefully some others have better insight than me on this matter.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72167 - 10/21/02 10:38 AM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Alexander,
I only know from my own experience but unless you are willing to live quite far out, it will be difficult to find somewhere for under 300 euros.
Then again you could get lucky as a few of my friends have. I wouldn´t advise takin somewhere on until you´ve seen it- stayin a hostel for a few days- work out what areas you are prepared to live in. Get up early to buy segunda mano and just basically work your way through every number- see as much as you can and don´t panic yourself into taking something you don´t like or won´t be able to afford.
Lots of luck, smile
Aine

#72168 - 10/21/02 11:29 AM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
nevado Offline

You may have a hard time but I think you can find something. It may not be very close to school but try. The neighborhoods in the Segundamano to look for are (starting with the closest to the complu) Moncloa, Metropolitano, ArgÜelles, Cuatro Caminos...then futher up from Cuatro Caminos you should try Tetuan. The rent prices will be cheaper there and it's not too far from school. Also, consider living on the grey metro line (#6), it's a stright shot to school and you have more choice as to where you can live.

#72169 - 10/21/02 09:54 PM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
Alexander Offline

Thanks a lot Aine and Nevado!!!

The tips are just great!!!
If you have any other tip/info, please let me know.

I'll work hard on it.

Alexander

#72170 - 10/22/02 03:23 PM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Isn't Paloofo going to be there from nov.4 to nov.18? Hey, It is just a thought!

#72171 - 10/26/02 10:24 PM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
Alexander Offline

Ok ESQ!

It does not sound good, but thanks anyway.
confused laugh

#72172 - 11/06/02 03:16 AM Re: Madrid:Need a roommate ?
mr masseur2002 Offline

Loc: u.k
Hi ,let me know if you got a flat share in the end....cause i plan to come over real soon ...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments