Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#72068 - 10/23/02 05:52 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
Quick!!!! I am in L.A. THIS weekend... any activities that I can join??? will be in Andalucia throughout the christmas/new years period anyone interested in dinner/traveling around???

#72069 - 10/23/02 08:34 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
So where and when on Saturday Nov. 2nd? Is the food good at any of the West Hollywood places? Or should we get take out from Costa Brava in San Diego? wink

#72070 - 10/24/02 01:31 AM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
COUNT ME IN TOO!!!

#72071 - 10/25/02 10:52 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Ok, it is time to get down to business and decide on a place to meet next Saturday!!!!
Anyone heard of Cava on W. 3rd or something like that? I also read an article about La Luna Negra in Sunset this month, sounds like a great place. How far is the drive from S.D. to Pasadena?

#72072 - 10/29/02 01:21 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I am thinking Pasadena might be more of a straight shot, but I am not sure. It is only a few block off the 110 and 210 freeways. then again, I have only been to San Diego once and it was ages ago, so I can't remember the quickest way to get here from there. Aidance, Shawn, Calibasco, any thoughts?

Ok, just looked at the map, CAVA and La Paella are both in Beverly Hills, not WeHo, so that might make it a little less convenient. I did eat at La Paella once though, and the food seemed pretty authentic, if that's what we're going for...

Also. there is a place in Silverlake near my house that has live Flamenco shows, Friday and Saturday nights. I went there a couple of months ago and it was pretty cool. the only thing is that it is kind of expensive. You pay $30 (I think??) and get the show and a menu. I went with a bunch of friends, and most of them didn't think the food was that great, although I had steak and it was quite tasty.

I'll be happy to make the reservation, once you guys decide in what area you want to meet. I drive all the time for work, so I really don't have any preference about what part of the city we are in. Whatever is easiest for the rest of you.

#72073 - 10/29/02 08:32 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I've heard of La Paella and CAVA and I wouldn't mind driving to B.H.
Anybody up for La Paella?
If someone can tell me how long the drive is from SAn Diego to Pasadena and what route to take, I would consider it. smile

#72074 - 10/29/02 10:26 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

I nominate Nicole as the LA gathering team captain. As captain, you are responsible for choosing destination and making reservations. All those in favor say I

#72075 - 10/29/02 11:39 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

I mean, "Aye" je je

#72076 - 10/30/02 06:05 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I'll be happy to do it, but I need to know how many people will be there. Where we end up may depend on the number of people and how many the restaurant can fit. Paella and Luna are smallish. Don't know about CAVA. Could you guys either confirm by posting or email me at nhaning@yahoo.com? Then I'll start makin' those calls. I can' wait to meet you guys (and see Shawn and Cali again - you guys BETTER bring your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!).

#72077 - 10/30/02 07:55 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
laduque, it is a 2 + hour drive to Pasadena or West Hollywood from north San Diego--more with heavy traffic, but it's not bad usually Saturday. Nicole, can we make it an earlyish dinner, maybe by 6pm so those of us with a longer drive can get home not so late? Laduque, if we drive up together, thing of how many Spanish cd's we could listen to along the way.... Nicole, count me in, post the address and telephone number please?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments