Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#71928 - 09/25/02 12:15 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey iwanalic!!
Quote:
it has been probably about 9 months since I have posted anything on this message board.
9 months, eh? That would have been right around the time of December's Party With MadridMan in Madrid, eh? hehehe.. wink

Have a GREAT time, everyone! Man, I wish I could be there to see so many of you again whom I've met before and, of course, meet all you newbies too. What more can I say but PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!! smile

Enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71929 - 09/26/02 03:46 AM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
by the way, does anyone object to me taking a camcorder with me? I'm thinking of hiring one from somewhere, and it'd be good to have as a keepsake, and show all my jealous friends back home!
Madridman,of COURSE I shall take pics too. I feel there'll be plenty of those lying around...

#71930 - 09/26/02 03:46 AM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Iwa sweetie, I'm here!!!, but so busy I sometimes feel I don't have time to breathe (at least from Mon-Fri frown ). OK, NOW the time for the gathering IS getting close, it's time to start getting excited...!
See you all there! wink

p

P.S.:When the actual date gets nearer if we have an at least aproximately headcount of people that will attend, we could make a reservation at La Rosa, which is what we should have done last time.

#71931 - 09/26/02 03:51 AM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
Chrissiij Offline

Pim, I'll be there with my other half. My mum and her lover may put in an appearance, but i fear they'll be too busy draining madrid of it's wine resources before too long. I'll let you know.

#71932 - 09/28/02 12:12 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
I made it alive to madrid. if anyone wants to hang tonight, I´m starting at moores around ¨ten-ten thirty.

till then see ya on october 5th.

viva madrid!!!!!!!!!!

#71933 - 09/28/02 03:05 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
iwalanic Offline

Loc: Washington DC
wink MM...You are quited perceptive. That was the last time I was on the message board--right after our get-together at Brillante's in December! Sorry you won't be able to make it next week frown
laugh PIM!!! I got your e-mail! I understand about being busy, trust me! No worries! I e-mailed you back, by the way.
:o Rich/Nate/Anne...won't be long 'til the reunion! Don't forget to e-mail me your hostal info, Rich (old fart birthday boy) eek Okay, okay, just kidding...I know I have you beaten by few months!
Just 5 more days smile

#71934 - 09/28/02 11:50 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
Tex Offline

Loc: Texas
Wow! Looks like I'm going to miss quite a party. But I just couldn't schedule my trip to attend on the 5th frown

Will anyone still be around the following weekend?

#71935 - 09/29/02 02:40 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
Chrissiij Offline

Riche, hunny, glad you're still alive! I am still very excited - am jumping about like i have ants in my pants, or something.....
Another question - what is the restaurant like? the one we're eating at on saturday? Just wondering.......

#71936 - 09/29/02 07:16 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!
The countdown for the October meeting has just begun. Hope to see you all at Moore's.
Pim, is La Rosa the place we tried to get a table on the July meeting? In that case, I agree with you, it'd be a good idea to book soon, the place seemed to have great success and being small...

#71937 - 09/30/02 03:57 PM Re: MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi back!
Yes, yes it is, but it's only a suggestion, we'll only book there if that's what the majority of people want to do (and if we know the aproximate number of people that will "feel like tapas" in time). About La Rosa (Chris, to answer your question), is just an extremely unexpensive place, quite basic, run by an elder couple and their daughter, the place actually looks and feels like their house in a way!, the food is very good but not at all sophisticated, really authentic Spanish cuisine, in other words....what our mums (and us if we have the time!) prepare regularly at home. Their red house wine with "Casera" and those tortillas, gambas, papas, pimientos,....are all that's necessary to start off a fun night. (Right Iwa??? laugh )
It's in La Latina, BTW.
The new Maceira with their huge tables is not an option since they don't accept reservations.
So, Fernando, Rafael, Antonio, Becks, "Nativo", "Agomor", Mª Cristina, etc, etc....are you coming?

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments