Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71844 - 08/30/02 01:35 PM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
CaliBasco:

What's the udpate? How many of us are planning on attending? Are we going to meet at a particular time/place? confused

#71845 - 08/30/02 07:49 PM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Let's meet right around lunch time just to the right of the door leading into the "chow line".

As you go in, there is a concreted area with bleachers on three sides and a stage on the right-hand side. As you walk through that away from the parking area, you'll see the large one-floor building where lunch is served. The main entrance is to the left of the side you're facing. (I hope I'm making sense!) We can meet just to the right of that entrance (the lunch line forms and goes through that double-door area.) I'm thinking I'll either have a big, obnoxious red boina on or my black one, but I should be sporting a white t-shirt that says "Curutzezaharreko" so you can find me. I may be a little "sweaty" since I've pulled lunch setup duty as a club member, but I'll plan to be there ready to greet MadridMan'ers!

So far I've received RSVPs from CathyM, Lagun, Monica, etc. I'm looking forward to "sharing" a little Basque culture with all of you!!!

Just a reminder: Standard time and Basque time are two different things...and one is a bit later than the other... smile See you all Sunday!

#71846 - 08/30/02 11:08 PM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
You all have a great time! Too bad I live so far north. This picnic sounds fun and very tasty ... and considering you'll be dining on Basque food there's a very good chance everything will be tasty!!! YUM :p

#71847 - 09/02/02 06:43 PM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

First of all, let me apologize for those of you who attended the picnic who I did NOT get a chance to meet. (I also apologize for the extra hot weather...but I had nothing to do with that.)

Now, let me say the picnic was wonderful, and I had the chance to meet "lagun", who is a wonderful person. I'm sorry I didn't have longer to chat, but I was in the middle of lunch duty...since we're club members who actually want to volunteer and work, we're in demand (even if it is the unglamorous 'table cleaning' duty!).

The steak for lunch was great, but the lamb and txilndrón was even better at dinner. They also had chorizo sandwiches for sale at the side window.

This year's entertainment, in addition to the local dancers, included a group from Zuberoa in the French 'Pays Basque'. We left befor the evening's dancing began, but according to my wife, the band took so long to get set up, that when the equipment was ready, they had already retired to the bar. What a shock rolleyes

There are a number of Basque clubs around, and those of you in NV, CA or ID may find another big event close to home in the coming months. Check out NABO\'s web site for more information on Basque gatherings in your area! Gora Euskadi eta euskaldunak!

#71848 - 09/03/02 01:23 AM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
The picnic was great and the food was delicious. (I have to be careful here since I have family that help put on the Elko Basque picnic but..) this was one of the best Basque picnics we have been to.

I had some tired kids so we didn't stay long enough for the second meal. I'm sure it would have been great! The Basques know how to eat!

The high-point was meeting Calibasco. I recommend it to all. He is great to read and in person!

Oh, and about that heat!!! It wasn't too bad. Being from Arizona it didn't bother us too much but we were glad food was served indoors.

Nice to meet you Cali,
Lagun

#71849 - 09/04/02 03:37 PM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
CaliBasco and Lagun:
Sorry I missed you. I wasn't able to get to the picnic until 6pm-just in time to see a few of the final dance peformances- and left around 8 pm. The lamb dinner was fabulous and the people were just wonderful. It was a great precursor to my trip (next week!) eek laugh . I looked around for someone with your description but didn't find anyone. This is definately on my list for next year! It was a little warmer than the beach area wink but it was kind of nice to be able to sit outside without wearing a jacket.

It would be great if a group of LA area people could get together again before next year!

#71850 - 09/04/02 03:58 PM Re: USA: Aug.31-Sep.1:Chino Basque Club Annual Picnic!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

CathyM: I'm sorry I missed you too! frown At the time you got there I was up in the front of the dining area with my face stuffed in a lamb chop (by the stage). Let's just put ourselves down for next year then...Labor Day weekend, the Sunday before Labor Day Monday...all in favor say "aye" (or "ahí" or "hay" smile )!

Hasta el año que viene...¡y que lo pases bien en España!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments