Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71828 - 07/31/02 07:07 AM Madrid: need a flatmate
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Hi,
I've just come across this website and it's exactly what I've been looking for. I'm a 20yr old Irish student who is coming over to Madrid in September for 10 months placement as part of my university degree. Every pretty much sorted except for the fact that I have nowhere to live and don't know anyone! The most I think I'd be willing to pay for a flat would be 350 Euros-is this a realist amount? Any advice or info would be received v. gratefully.
Aine

#71829 - 08/15/02 03:11 PM Re: Madrid: need a flatmate
aine Offline

Aine. What are you a retard? confused I can't belive you haven't found anywhere to live yet! Aren't you worried, seeing as you're going in a month?
I don't usually talk to myself but I wanted to add on to the message. smile Please! If anyone knows of anyone who is looking for a flatmate or could even point me in the right direction I would be so grateful! Even a floor would be ok. I could stay in a hostel til I find somewhere but I don't feel too great about doing that.

#71830 - 08/23/02 05:46 AM Re: Madrid: need a flatmate
eli Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
aine

i wouldn´t worry if i were you, but maybe try www.in-madrid.com, the the classifieds there are flat shares. i will also be in madrid from the middle of september for ten months. i´m a 23 year old american girl. right now i am studying spanish in sevilla, to brush up on my skills, since i won´t be in madrid as part of any program, it´s one i´m setting up myself. i would say we could maybe live together, but i think it would be easier for us to find someone with an established apartment and utilities and furniture.

#71831 - 08/23/02 05:48 AM Re: Madrid: need a flatmate
eli Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
oh yeah, also, i am going to stay in a hostal until i find an apartment. i probably won´t know where i´ll live until after i get to madrid.

#71832 - 08/23/02 07:31 AM Re: Madrid: need a flatmate
aine Offline

You're probably right.
Its not really the whole not kniowing where i'm gonna live thing as much as not wanting to blow my money on hostel accomodation. Ihave had a couple of possibilities but I think maybe i will wait until i can actually look at flats before i commit myself. Good luck with your trip, maybe i'll see you around.
Aine

#71833 - 08/23/02 09:46 AM Re: Madrid: need a flatmate
Espe3 Offline

aine,
a couple of suggestions... go to the university (complutense is close and a good place to start) usually you'll see postings from other people looking for flats. La facultad de Fiologia is a good place to start (its right next to derecho and its where they give spanish classes to foreigners).

Also, look in Segundamano, it comes out 3 times a week, it also posts announcements for shared flats. You can also check it out online: www.segundamano.es

STAY AWAY from places that when you call about an offer and they end up you going to an office and for a fee will find a place for you at what seems to be too good to be true rents! Its a brokerage firm and they're only profiting off of you AND getting you to spend more money than you need too.

Also, I know this sounds so cliche, but at most irish pubs, Chesterfields for example, they have a free newspaper for English speakers and you may get some leads from there.

There is a place called the Mercado Fuencarral on the C/fuencarral, that lots of young people go to (its full of shops- artisan work and more!) and there are bulliten boards with posts and you may also get something from there.

If I were you, I'd start with segundamano. But be warned! Places go fast, they find someone they like and bam! Its theirs! So check it out early and start calling to check out the apartments/potential roomates!

Good luck! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 816 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments