#71635 - 07/11/02 05:28 AM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
Hilde Offline

Loc: Norway
Perfect. 22:00 at Plaza Mayor. smile

#71636 - 07/11/02 05:47 AM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have a GREAT time, everyone! I wish I could attend. It would be nice to see Nativo, replay, Chica, pim (don't forget to invite your sister) again AND MEET FOR THE FIRST TIME all the others. Enjoy!!! smile SOMEONE TAKE PHOTOS!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71637 - 07/13/02 04:01 AM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
So how did it go?? I'm dying to know! Maybe everyone's still sleeping from the late night?? Who all finally attended?

Anyone take photos??? Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71638 - 07/13/02 05:18 AM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I couldn´t go last night! Booo hooo!! frown

Sometimes I forget about the conveniences of America and how quickly you can get things done. I brought my car into the shop yesterday morning (9:30am) and asked them to replace the brake pads and to give me a call when the car was ready since I needed it for the evening.

At 5:00pm, when I hadn´t heard anything from the mechanic, I called him (Remember, I´m in a pueblecito about 65km northwest of Madrid). I asked him about my car and he said, that he was planning on looking at it today (Friday!! --- when??? It was already 5pm!!) and it should be ready by tomorrow (Saturday) mad !

Alas, here I am, 11am Saturday and still without a car! Just got back from the mechanic and he promised me I would have it by 2pm. We´ll see.

PIM I hope you apologized to Jo and Miche for me! Did you guys have a good time? I know that Asterault couldn´t go either at the last minute due to an early trip to BCN today.

Jo, Miche, if you guys are still in town, maybe there is a way we can meet up (if I ever get my darned car back!!)...drop me an email or ask PIM for my mobile number!

Besos to all from Chica who was so close and yet so far frown !

#71639 - 07/13/02 09:48 AM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
replay Offline

Hi board members!, Chica, we missed you... frown

Fortunately the "miniparty" was so good and we had a great night, the bars and "taperías" of Madrid were very crowed of people and we had some problems to find space for eating "tapas" together.

I met new people and I enjoyed a lot talking about our experiences with the Madrid visitors. We started the night in the Plaza Mayor, at 22:30 we went to "El Almendro", a wine shop with excellent "caldos" of Spain. After that we tried some "tapas bar", and luckily we found free seats in "Tapasentao", a strange "tapería" with a little cave in the downstairs, we tasted "rabas", crispy chiken, "morcilla", "tortilla", "esparragos",and fried potatoes sticks, too much potatoes sticks!!!, with "chorizo" and "pimientos", We got tired of potatotes laugh

Finally we went to "El Viajero", a nice place with a fresh terrace under the stars, for drinking something, but here the night finished for me and for my two friends (Fernando and Ivan), we left the "miniparty" then.

Greets to everybody!

#71640 - 07/13/02 03:35 PM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Well? Jo? Miche? laugh

How did it go? I'm glad that Replay provided us with details, but well, how was it from your point of view?

I'm sorry to hear that Bec couldn't make it....I thought about you all I was at work.... frown

I hope things are going well...talk to you soon...

wyndyl :p

#71641 - 07/13/02 06:26 PM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Baaaaaaaaaaaa wink

Well these two sheep met up with Hilde and MAD for Madrid in Plaza Mayor first of all (well done miche for baaaing so convincingly and getting their attention!) smile

Hmm, did we have a good night? Well, we spoke and ate a lot, walked a lot, saw Penelope Cruze´s sister a couple of times (same face, different hair), and THEN we went to Berlin Caberet for Drag Queen entertainment which was an education in sparkly lip adornment - we need to work on this one miche!

Today we´ve had mainly water and fruit to make up for the food we had last night! laugh

So sorry Becky couldn´t come. Can we meet up on Monday with you and Pim and possibly Barry? Just for a coffee if your all busy?

MIGUELITO - are you recovered? Are you ready to talk big money? The photo is ready to be posted unless you come up with the required goods!

Anyway, we met some great people and hope to see everyone again somewhere sometime.

Antonio - give my regards to your Gremlin friend - (you need to get out more!)

We do have one or two photos which we will post once we get home and put names to faces etc.

Great to be here. Thanks miche! laugh

Jo

#71642 - 07/13/02 06:33 PM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
miche_dup1 Offline

Bueeenas!!!
Party animals!!!! jeje.....MadridMan TIGERS! :p
Grrrrrrrr, well the night just rocked, a beautiful evening, lovely people everywhere, and fist class company. I´m so pleased to have met you all, it was an absolute treat-thanks to you all.
Jo is sitting next to me in a ´Gran Via´cyber cafe and we´re sat here Saturday night checking out the chat!!!!of course we´re just resting our feet wink

#71643 - 07/13/02 07:25 PM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
Chica Offline
Executive Member

I´m good for coffee on Monday and am free all day. I got my car back today at 2pm! (Sometimes it takes a tough talking husband to make things work here! What happened to that aggressive American business woman I used to know??? wink )

I will make a special trip to Madrid just to catch up with you guys since I am now officially off for the summer!

Give me a buzz ok? I´ll send you a PM with my mobile Jo!

#71644 - 07/14/02 06:55 AM Re: Madrid:Looking to meet people
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I am SO very JEALOUS...as I type this at work waiting for the night to end..everyone and their mother want to be in labor tonight.. frown Bah!!!

But I am so glad, though extremely green with envy, that you had a marvelous time....I can't wait to chat... :p

Hmm, what's with the Gremlin..sounds very interesting, Antonio!!! wink

Talk to you soon...
Wyndyl

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments