Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#71442 - 05/07/02 04:39 PM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Nativo - Working on it, I should be back in 2 weeks or so. Trying to find a piso and some teaching english jobs. Send me your móvil.

#71443 - 05/11/02 12:14 PM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Maceira 6th, May sometime after 9 pm

Chica and I agreed to meet by the bear and madroño tree around 7:30 p.m. I walked down c/ Hortaleza and wandered for the first time into Sol. I arrived a few minutes early and tried my best not to look like a tourist! rolleyes We found each other not too long after staring at virtually everyone who was there looking to meet someone else! We decided to get a drink before meeting for dinner...we wandered a bit before sitting for a drink. I was thankful Chica spoke spanish, I was felt too scared to speak it!

We walked down to C/ Huertas and found the restaurant nearly empty, found a spot to sit and chat some more. We ordered a pitcher of sangria; actually, Chica ordered the sangria. A little bit after nine, people started trickling in. We were a little worried that no one would show up, aside from ourselves and Antonio(whom I spoke with earlier that day). confused

Ignacio came in first, followed by Antonio about 10 minutes later. It was wonderful to finally meet and put faces to the names. Camellia and her husband arrived soon after, though they we'rent going to stay long...they had dinner reservations...Chica called Pim a couple of times to see if she was going to make it. She had just arrived from Zaragoza that afternoon...She did show up! This was great! We ordered food after Joe and Andrew showed up. We lost Camellia and her husband to their dinner reservations, but Barry and Pablo came in!

Chica convinced Joe to try the octopus...he actually liked it! I tried the coquettes...what were they? They were trying to explain it to me, in English, mind you! I kept thinking...I think they mean dumplings....I still think they meant dumplings :p

After dinner, we, they made me decide of course! went to get a couple of drinks at a bar nearby. Don't ask me what it was called! I just followed everyone there! After a few drinks at the bar listening to Andrew and Pablo discuss and debate intellectual issues, I opted to listen in on something else. The conversation was interesting, but in small doses... rolleyes They did continue it at Barry and Pablo's flat...Chica had to leave, her hubby was picking her up for their trip back to the wild mountains of Segovia...the rest of us trekked back to Plaza Santa Ana.

A few San Miguels later, I was being instructed on how to be coquettish with the fan! But the intellectual debate continued between Pablo and Andrew. Barry talked about his job.

We left the flat after 0600... eek time does fly when your having fun. And that was fun...Antonio, Ignacio, and Joe left a lot earlier...I was a little concerned about finding my way home frown but chivalry does still exist! Andrew volunteered to walk me back to Hostal Chelo...On the way back, I got to see Plaza Mayor. It was quiet but beautiful. I got an abbreviated history, thanks to Andrew!

I know there weren't very many pictures of the evening...but it was great fun!
Let's do it again soon! Let's do it again soon!
The pictures are at this link:
http://www.digitalxfer.com/webxfer.shtml?wyndyl

laugh wyndyl

#71444 - 05/11/02 02:28 PM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
croquettes Wyndy, croquettes!!! laugh

Great pics! PIM, open your eyes!! wink

#71445 - 05/11/02 02:40 PM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Yeah, we don't want our pal Wyndy trying any coquettes! wink eek

#71446 - 05/11/02 08:32 PM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
AAAARRGGHH!!! I must start to learn to do this "the American way" (Cheese!), 'cause....look what happens for being so goofy! eek

#71447 - 05/11/02 08:58 PM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Chica, ok...croquettes!

I laughed so loudly when I read that! Dumplings, okay?

Dumplings, okay?

It was a fun night, wasn't it? laugh Pim, sorry we couldn't get together..but I promise to be back within a year!

Wyndyl wink

#71448 - 05/12/02 06:02 AM Re: Madrid: Post MM get together?!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Pim

No need to learn the American cheeeeeze, just get to bed a little earlier instead of checking out posh bathrooms! Eyes will open naturally then! rolleyes

Jo laugh

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments