Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7131 - 06/24/04 10:39 PM Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
After reading the posts, I think the place to stay is the Hostal Adriano for a couple of days, but I have a 7 AM flight out of Madrid/Barajas in the middle of August and I am concerned enough about missing it that I am foregoing a stay at the Adriano the night before.
Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to where to stay to be close to Barajas in the morning? Or should I chance the drive from the Adriano in the AM?
Also, since everyone is out of town during August, should I have an easier time making a reservation then?
Thanks

#7132 - 06/24/04 11:51 PM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
When I have had to leave the Adriano at an early hour they have been very nice about letting me pay the night before. That way you can leave the key and hit the road. At that hour of the morning you will only save about 20 minutes by staying near the airport.

For me it would depend on the cost of the airport hotel and the fact that you will be 10 miles from having a wonderful last night in central Madrid. I would much rather board a plane with little or no sleep than miss my last night in Madrid!

#7133 - 06/25/04 12:46 AM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Your points are well taken, I have emailed Adriano to make arrangements. I like the part about making sure the last night is a great one, lol. Thanks for confirming!

#7134 - 06/26/04 01:10 AM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I make 3 or 4 trips to Madrid every year. I have found it necessary to move my "getaway day" from Sunday to Monday. It was inevitable that my friends would keep me occupied on Saturday night right up to the time I needed to depart for the airport on Sunday morning. If I depart on Monday at least I can get to bed by 4am! wink

#7135 - 06/26/04 09:16 AM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
cbel Offline

Loc: Maryland
Anyone needing a very close hotel near the airport - We fell into Hotel Osuna (web: http://www.hotelosuna.com/ ) a three star hotel in the Barajas neighborhood. After driving from down south all day we were looking for a hotel near the airport, which we found by hit and miss. Its on Calle Luis de la Mata, 18 telephone 91 741 81 00 and had parking close by. There were 3 of us so we had to get 2 rooms, for my husband and myself 60 euros and my daughter 50 euros. It was worth it for us after a very long drive and getting lost in Madrid! We also stayed at Hostal Chelo at the beginning of our trip a very different place with plenty of atmosphere and walking distance to everything. Carmen and Antonio are very helpful.

#7136 - 06/26/04 09:33 AM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Thanks for that note -I will keep that in my black book for sure. I have also gotten furiously lost in Madrid, and it will be good to know that as a last resort I can always just give up and stay near the airport!

#7137 - 06/26/04 11:42 AM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Hotel Osuna will drive you to the airport for free, or pick you up for that matter. They also have a nice pool. We stayed there on our way out of Madrid in August 2001. I highly recommend it if you want to stay near the airport.

#7138 - 06/26/04 03:03 PM Re: Madrid advice pls - Hostal Adriano or an hostal near Barajas?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Thanks for confirming Osuna as a choice!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments