Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7128 - 06/18/04 04:14 PM Language and Car rental
Risaroo Offline

Loc: SLC
Since I have never been to Spain and don't speak the language I was wondering how hard it is to travel to smaller towns like Toledo or Segovia. Which one should I go to for sure? What kind of documents are needed? Should I rent a cell phone?
Thanks

#7129 - 06/21/04 08:10 AM Re: Language and Car rental
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I have been all over Spain and have not had a problem with the language. The people are so friendly and helpful. Even if you have to resort to gesturing, you will be able to communicate. And, I promise, if you are in trouble or in danger, they will go out of their way to find someone who speaks English in an emergency.

With that said, buy a phrase book and do a little studying before you go. It will be greatly appreciated (in any country) if you know a few words. (Good morning, thank you, excuse me, etc.) I also like to know some 'food' words so I don't miss out on anything in a restaurant!!! Spanish is not too difficult - alot of words either look or sound like their english counterparts.

I am going to Thailand next month, and I am having a problem grasping even the most basic words, as they use a different alphabet, and when translated into our alphabet there can be many different spellings of the same word. Practice makes perfect!!!

You will have a GREAT time in Spain!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments