MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#71252 - 06/02/03 03:14 PM June in Madrid
catn2002 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello everybody:

I am new to this forum (but have done quite a bit of reading in it before I joined) and I will be arriving in Madrid June 16. I plan on staying for about a year........but who knows. Well, I was wondering if anyone is going to be around about that time and would like to get together. I am going all alone and that makes me a little nervous. Just a little background on me: female, 23, likes to stay out late, drink good wine, laugh, meet new people, from USA........if anyone is interested feel free to contact me! I would love to hear from you guys!

#71253 - 06/02/03 09:31 PM Re: June in Madrid
Espe3 Offline

Question for you, why are you going to Spain to meet people from the US?

#71254 - 06/03/03 12:56 AM Re: June in Madrid
nevado Offline

I don't think she said she was looking to meet people from the U.S., she simply stated she was interested in meeting new people and that she was (coming) from the U.S.

#71255 - 06/03/03 08:56 AM Re: June in Madrid
Espe3 Offline

Well THAT makes more sense doesn't it! smile :p

#71256 - 06/03/03 01:56 PM Re: June in Madrid
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Gotta watch those commas to interpret the meanings. I'm down to four weeks before our move to Madrid!!!

#71257 - 06/04/03 06:23 AM Re: June in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
catn2002 writes:
Quote:
I am new to this forum (but have done quite a bit of reading in it before I joined) and I will be arriving in Madrid June 16. I plan on staying for about a year........but who knows.
How are you going to do that? Are you on a Student visa? Do you have a work permit? Or maybe you are a UE citizen? confused
Quote:
... a little background on me: female, 23, likes to stay out late, drink good wine, laugh, meet new people,
With those qualifications you should fit right in - in Madrid, that is. rolleyes

#71258 - 06/04/03 05:31 PM Re: June in Madrid
catn2002 Offline

Eddie, no I am not a student, I have already graduated from university here in the states, but lets just say that I have accumulated enough money to live in Madrid for a year. Whatever happens after that, who knows. I studied in Spain the past two summers and fell in love. This means that I would like to stay there for a bit longer than two months at a time. And, in reference to previous posts, I am definitely not opposed to meeting cool people from the US in Spain although I would be delighted to make some Spanish friends. Cool people are cool people - it doesn't really matter to me where they are from. I just thought that this being the sort of forum for people whom I assume think like myself, I would be able to meet some of you already in Spain. And, as far as liking to enjoy what I consider some of the fun things in life (i.e. staying out late, meeting new people, etc.) why did I get a rolling of the eyes (Eddie)? Don't other people, other than those in Madrid, enjoy some of the same things as myself? confused confused So, back to my original question, is there anyone out there interested in meeting up?

#71259 - 06/05/03 05:52 AM Re: June in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sorry you took my post as something negative. It was not intended as such. The rolleyes was meant to convey approval (i.e., Madrileños live like that: staying out late - enjoying life). I see you fitting right in with that lifestyle.

I asked about your visa status (tourist, student, etc.) because a U.S. Citizen on a Tourist visa is normally only allowed to remain in Spain (or other EU member Countries) continuously for 3-months. In some cases (like the U.K.) it's 6-months.

I am sorry for any distress I may have caused you.

#71260 - 06/05/03 10:48 AM Re: June in Madrid
carmendeespana Offline

HI I am Spanish, living in Madrid. I am 29 years old. As I understand, you are a woman.

Why don't you add me to your msn so we chat one day?

talismantalisman@hotmail.com

smile

#71261 - 06/05/03 02:02 PM Re: June in Madrid
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
i will also be in Spain around that time. I am travelling with my father. I will be in Madrid from June 19-21, then will travel around a bit (where depends on weather) and then will be back in Madrid around July 1. I might be able to meet for a cervesa or a fino somewhere too!
Jen

BTW I am 31 and married wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments