Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71205 - 02/22/02 09:04 PM BUYING LLADRO!!!
loves.lladro.lots Offline

Loc: u.s.a.
LOOKING TO BUY LLADRO!!!

#71206 - 02/22/02 09:26 PM Re: BUYING LLADRO!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! Can you please clarify this? You mean you are willing to buy lladro already existing in the USA? You'll pay shipping? Any specific KIND/style of lladro??

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71207 - 02/23/02 08:21 AM Re: BUYING LLADRO!!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Have you checked out lladro.com? They will be doing a live presentation on the internet on February 28th of the new pieces for this year.

Also, I had previously posted information about where to buy Lladró pieces here in Spain for really great prices...I have copied and pasted the information below...

LLADRÓ - Spain is famous for it´s Lladró ceramics. The company ( www.lladro.es )is located in a small town just outside of Valencia called Tavernes Blancas. There is a bus that stops in the Plaza de Ayuntamiento in Valencia that goes to Tavernes Blancas. While Lladró is much cheaper in Spain than the US, even more cheaper in Valencia, the best place to buy a piece is at the factory outlet store in Tavernes Blancas just around the corner from the factory itself. The pieces sold in this store are "seconds" and have a slight defect in them (most hardly noticiable). I have bought pieces from there for less than half their price in the US. The only caveat is that these pieces don´t have much (if any) resale value or "collectible" status because of their defects and the famous Lladró tulip insignia is scratched off from the bottom of each piece.

#71208 - 02/27/02 10:09 AM Re: BUYING LLADRO!!!
loves.lladro.lots Offline

Loc: u.s.a.
Thank you...Although I do not wish to buy lladro 'seconds', I do wish to purchase ANY very reasonably priced lladro!

#71209 - 02/27/02 10:58 AM Re: BUYING LLADRO!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Details about the online presentation:

Site: www.lladro.com
Date: Thursday 28 February 2002
Time Zone:
United Kingdom (GMT): 17:00 -18:30
Spain (GMT+1): 18:00-19:30
Eastern Time, New York (GMT-5): 12:00-13:30
Pacific Time, California (GMT-8): 09:00-10:30

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71210 - 02/27/02 01:13 PM Re: BUYING LLADRO!!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
loves,

Finding reasonably priced Lladro is like finding gold bullion at discount prices in a flea market.

My wife is up to 30+ pieces, and she's bought them in the States, and Spain. In fact she has picked up items that were never released for the U.S. market, so she'd have something a little "different."

But one thing has always been true. It may be less costly than the "suggested list price," but never cheap.

Wolf (Who collects the bills from the Lladro - eek )

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments