Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7114 - 06/14/04 08:37 PM Madrid: Hostal Bianco II
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
More or less (three days ago) I have just returned from 3 weeks in Spain. I'm still not actually home yet as I am in San Antonio (Texas) grading Spanish AP exams.

The first four days of my trip to Spain were in Barcelona and I will describe the Hostal in which I stayed in another post.

The last 2 1/2 weeks, however, of my trip were in my beloved Madrid. I chose to stay at the Hostal Bianco II for multiple reasons...all of which were accurate and based on the web site found on MadridMan's page.

The people of the Hostal, specifically "el encargado" Angel...a dominican living in Madrid for 3 years...was extremely nice. Let me start by giving the following example...

My husband and I arrived at the Hostal about 6 P.M. on a Friday evening. We were tired, hot and sweaty... and all we wanted to do was relax a little and get something to eat. We entered the Hostal...confirmation in hand...and found that they had misplaced the reservation. Later they informed and showed us that it was placed, by mistake, in their books for July and not June.

Their reaction? Unbelievable!!! They apologized incessantly...found us a Hotel room for the night and paid the difference in the price. In other words, the Hotel in which they place us cost 100 euros...their Hostal cost 44...they paid the difference: 56 euros.

The next day we were given our room.

The rooms are clean, renovated, air-conditioned and above all, safe. With the exception of one small room (with a cama matrimonial), the rooms are large. The aforementioned room is fine for a night or two, but not more than that.

The location is great: half way between Sol and Las Cortes...just off San Jeronimo and within walking distance to the Plaza de Santa Ana...and although people and some cars go up and down the street...a fairly quiet (for Madrid) street.

Would I stay again? Absolutely. The people were very nice, the Hostal was centrally located and the service was excellent.

Sheryl

#7115 - 06/15/04 05:29 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco II
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks VERY much for your review, Sheryl. smile I don't think we have many (if any) for Madrid's Hostal Bianco II so yours is much appreciated. We're looking forward to your other review for Barcelona.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 808 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments