Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#71053 - 11/13/01 05:24 PM USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
iwalanic Offline

Loc: Washington DC
I plan on being in Madrid for New Years. I may end up making the trek by myself if my roommate can't come. I am a 30 something female and wondered if any other 20 or 30 somethings are planning on making the trip over for the celebration. :o

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#71054 - 11/13/01 07:32 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow, iwalanic! I hope one/some/many of our message board members could make the trip with you. I'll be there already, you know, and expect to be in Puerta del Sol before midnight for the 12 chimes and 12 grapes AT midnight. Feel free to join the MadridMan.com Club for the festivities! Should be an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!! I'm wondering where/how I can have a big "MadridMan.com Club" banner made so that everyone can find us.

Good luck and have a great time in Madrid! Join us on Saturday night, December 29th at El Brillante for the "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0" gathering. See the " Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0 " thread in this forum for more details.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71055 - 11/21/01 12:11 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hi:
I will be there with 3 other friends
(3 males total in our 30's and one female)
E-mail me if you want to hook up with us,
we'll be there on the 27th of december

#71056 - 11/21/01 01:05 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Hi! I will be in Madrid around that time as well. I am a thirty something female. I have friends over there but they might be scattered and I might have to spend some Madrid time on my own. Feel free to email me.
MM - crazy idea but wouldn't it be funny if we all had madridman.com tags to pin on our jackets? eek
PS if anyone else wants to hang out let me know!

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: churrocaliente ]

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#71057 - 11/25/01 07:53 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
iwalanic Offline

Wow! Thanks everyone! I feel so loved! Two of my friends are still hoping to be able to make it, but it isn't definite. If they can't come, I DON'T want to cancel my trip just out of fear of having to go it alone (and I don't speak Spanish!) I too have friends from Spain, but they may be scattered as well. Therefore, e-mail me and let me know your intineraries. I am planning on arriving there on the 28th of Dec. in the morning and can stay until the 6th or so of Jan. I would really love to go to Madridman's party on the 29th too (thanks so much for the invite MM!) I haven't booked a hostal yet because I am waiting to see if my friends are coming or not. Where are you all staying? Anyway, I would love to hook up with you all. The more the merrier!

#71058 - 11/26/01 06:53 AM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi Iwalanic, Joe and Churro!
Feel free to get in touch with me when you guys get here. I can show you my favourite places for tapas and/or drinks in whatever time I have out of the office! :p
By late December I'll be 31-year-old(Arrgh!) madrileña.

Hasta pronto!

Paloma

#71059 - 11/26/01 08:48 AM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I hope you all have a wonderful time on New Year's Eve in Madrid and throughout Spain and/or wherever you are.

It seems nearly certain that I won't be able to go to SOL for the countdown or if I do it won't be decided until the last minute. I REALLY want to be there to experience the bell ringing in person, but I'm going to be with a group of visiting Spaniards and I doubt they'll want to be with all the other giris in SOL. But hope to see you all on the 29th!

Churrocaliente, I like your idea of MadridMan.com jacket pins! If I had unlimited resources I'd have them made for all attendees. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71060 - 11/26/01 09:46 AM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
iwalanic Offline

Thanks, Paloma! I will definitely let you know what's up! As for turning 31, your 30's will be the best time of your life (especially for women!) Take it from me, I am 32!
Iwalani

#71061 - 11/26/01 11:02 AM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
churrocaliente Offline

Are we forming a madridman.com offshoot thirtysomething club??? Or perhaps thirstysomethings would be better!

I would love to meet you Pim and see your Madrid.

I agree Iwalanic, the thirties are very cool!

cool

churrito

#71062 - 11/26/01 05:09 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Cheers!
I will be in Madrid beginning the 28th of December, and will definitely be in attendance at MadridMan's get-together. I too am 30, yet the prospects of being in Madrid has given me a renewed feeling of youthful vigor. I hope to put faces with the names on the 29th; although, nametags would seem a little formal.

#71063 - 11/26/01 05:23 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
iwalanic Offline

Shawn,
See you there!
Gee, there seem to be lots of thirty-somethings. I am not feeling so old afterall laugh

#71064 - 11/26/01 07:14 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
churrocaliente Offline

Ay chihuahua! Dare I say I just turned 34??? eek

#71065 - 11/26/01 09:44 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Thanks Pim for the invite
I also hope to see you at Madridmans big Party on the 29th.

I have to get in on this 30's conversation. I'm 32 and ever since I hit the big three 0 life has been grand. I think we rule!!

#71066 - 11/27/01 10:59 AM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Of course we rule, haven't you heard that Madrid is "a" thirtysomething kingdom?

#71067 - 11/27/01 03:05 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MadridMan,
Why don't you sell them and let us buy them from you? Like the videos. I love my Madrid key chain and would love a MadridMan Lapel Pin. You're going places MadridMan!
Booklady - Who's forty something and rules! cool

#71068 - 11/27/01 04:51 PM Re: USA->Madrid: New Year's Eve-Wanna Go?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Madrid: New Year's Eve. WOW! That should be FUN FUN FUN!!!

Hi Booklady! Yup! I'm going places alright. hehehehe.. I'm going to Madrid in THREE WEEKS! WOO HOO! Hey, I'm 30-something too, you know. I'm JUST about 36 years old and still feel like I'm in my 20s (physically speaking, that is).

MadridMan.com lapel pins would be cool, but not sure how I'd have them made. No doubt, at great expense. rolleyes There are services out there which charge NO startup costs to sell coffee mugs, T-shirts, and mouse pads with your/my artwork, but... A) I don't have any original artwork and B) I can't see anyone wanting a coffee mug with MadridMan.com on it. I like the button idea and even T-shirt, but will have to look into it. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments