Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#70965 - 11/11/01 09:51 PM Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HI EVERYONE!!!! WOO HOO!!! So this is it!! "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0" is upon us. Saturday night, December 29th, 9pm, at El Brillante bar/eatery across from the Atocha train station, next to the Reina Sofía Museum.

The outdoor terraza won't be open during the winter (unfortunately), but we can stand (no tables) inside. It's cheap, it's good, and popular with the locals. It's also pretty large and should accomodate us all nicely.

We had a GREAT showing (23 people, maybe?!) in October 2000 as a nice, cozy gathering in April 1999 . Hope to see you all there!! I welcome all travelers, madrileños, and passersby whom are "MadridMan.com friendly" to share travel stories, experiences, and information about Madrid and Spain. Join the fun!

By the way, I welcome one and all to the Puerta del Sol for Noche Vieja (New Year's Eve) for a MadridMan.com Club Gathering!! Bring your champagne and 12 grapes for the 12 chimes at midnight. Prepare for an adventure!

See you there!! Saludos, MadridMan

(Disclaimer: Neither MadridMan nor MadridMan.com will be buying drinks/food for visitors - only supplying the place and others with whom to talk, share experiences, and get to know each other in this beautiful, wonderful city)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70966 - 11/12/01 12:42 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Oh, if only . . . . but we can't!

I expect you will all have a brilliant time, and I expect lots of pictures with people's names on to be posted when you get back so that I don't feel too left out.

It's so exciting. Mind you if I had been able to attend, I would probably be dumb struck, or else have a mouth full of several types of bocadillos!! rolleyes rolleyes

Jo

#70967 - 11/12/01 05:34 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's a shame, Jo-Anne. But maybe you can make the NEXT one at the end of March or early April when I'm there next.

Next month's gathering should be a lot of fun, but doubt it'll be as big as a springtime "Party With MadridMan" would be.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70968 - 11/12/01 07:48 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MadridMan,
You are a wonderful man! What a superb way to meet the lovely folks from your Board. Chris and I hope to be in Madrid from the 29th until the 1st and would love to join you and the others if we may.

May I also congratulate you in having my favorite e-store Tienda.com in your Board! I was getting ready to order Jamon and Lomo for Thanksgivings, now I will order through your banner!

Booklady

P.S. JoAnne, I will eat bocadillos & drink cerveza in your honor! wink

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Booklady ]

#70969 - 11/12/01 10:02 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HEY HEY !! (Krusty-The-Clown .wav) Booklady, THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!! I'm SO happy to know that you and Chris will HOPEFULLY be able to make the "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0" at El Brillante. It would be wonderful to meet you.

And yes, I JUST added Tienda.com as one of my advertisers so feel free to "click-through" when buying all your chorizo, jamon serrano, manchego cheese, olives, olive oil, and other goodies from Spain! Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

#70970 - 11/13/01 03:35 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Wow! What a nice surprise. I have a ticket to Roma, but if things don't work out with my Italian stallion, I'll be spending New Years and Christmas in Madrid. If that's the case, you can COUNT ME IN!!!

It'd be nice to finally meet... MadridMan!

Roses

#70971 - 11/13/01 07:40 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hey roses!! I hope your "Italian Stalion" isn't as "hot to trot" as once thought and you join US in Madrid instead! Hehehee.. Just kidding. Hope all works out with the Italiano... Sounds wildly romantic! Mmmm...

And hey!! All those who attend the "Party With MadridMan" will (should!) meet my infamous madrileña " Ladyfriend " too! Now HOW could one pass THAT up??! wink

I'm thinking about TRYING to organize a MadridMan.com Club for midnight in the Puerta del Sol on New Years Eve. Now THAT TOO would be a REAL party!!! Can't wait. MAN, I'M EXCITED!!!!! eek

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#70972 - 11/14/01 08:14 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
Hi MM. Hope you have a nice time the 29th. Wish I could be there ( and maybe I can, you never know).

I once spent newyears eve at Sol and my friend told me that you find only tourits there (and instead asked me to join her at a dinner party). How bad could it be thought I and went....

At midnight I found Americans, Germans and Italians celebrating the new year in the rain (that time would have been better spent among friends watching it on TV).

Afterwards hardly anything was open until 1-2 A.M. so we spent a good hour looking for a nice place to have a drink before we met up with my spanish friends for a bit of clubbing. Do I need to tell you it was a cold, wet and thirsty hour? After 1.30 everything was fine, but please avoid making the same mistake as me and my cousin.

#70973 - 11/14/01 12:01 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Not to worry. The Ayuntamiento announced yesterday that they'll be throwing an utdoor (brrrr) party in Sol after midnight to celebrate the arrival of the Euro. So there'll be something to do. See you all there

#70974 - 11/15/01 09:46 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
theobear Offline

Loc: Michigan
hello MM
My brother and I are going to be flying into Madrid Dec 25 and have no plans till the 30th. We have a condo on Ibiza for that week 30th to the 6th. While in Madrid we would love to meet up with the rest of you and your friends ( I am speaking for myself now) My younger brother is in his twenties but I am 39 and this is going to be our first time in Spain. Hope to hook up then, Ted smile

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments