Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7087 - 06/06/04 03:56 PM safe place to stay in madrid
laish Offline

Loc: singapore
Hi guys, I´m currently in bilbao, moving down to san sebastian tmrw and then down south to madrid very soon... I´ve heard some quite disconcerting stories about safety issues in madrid, and am hoping for some recommendations on safe areas to stay in madrid even hostel recommendations? hopefully an area where it´d be safe to walk back to at night or in the evening?

#7088 - 06/06/04 07:36 PM Re: safe place to stay in madrid
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
You might like Hostal Mirentxu on C/ Zorilla number 7. 3rd Floor. Phone: 914 29 81 84. It is a VERY basic, shared bathroom kind of place, but clean and comfortable. About a block from the Congreso so there are always many police around. Very quiet street. Near some good tapas bars and flamenco bars.

Their Website is: http://anas.worldonline.es/hmirentx/

Have fun, Fred

#7089 - 06/11/04 04:22 AM Re: safe place to stay in madrid
urbancalgirl Offline

Loc: United States
I recently stayed 3 weeks in Madrid in a hostel near Plaza Mayor. We walked back very late at night all the time and felt completely safe. The hostal is called Hostal Santa Cruz, Plaza de Santa Cruz, 6, 2nd floor. The phone is (91) 522 24 41. There was also another hostal in the building called Hostal Cruz Sol, which seemed very nice as well. Good luck

#7090 - 06/11/04 09:45 AM Re: safe place to stay in madrid
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
I just stayed at Hostal Adriano, up the street from Puerta del Sol and had no problem. Although there is a lot of restaurants and bars in the area and a lot of activity at night, I felt in no danger walking home from the area of the Opera house to my hostal at 330am. I think that was because there were so many people out.....safety in numbers?

Diana

#7091 - 06/11/04 03:45 PM Re: safe place to stay in madrid
laish Offline

Loc: singapore
Thanks guys for all the feedback! I took the first advice that i got and stayed at hostal mirentxu. The place feels really safe, and yup, it´s really basic, but good enough. oh, the host apparently is from basque country and doesn´t speak any english. so for those who don´t speak spanish, gotta check again.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments