Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70893 - 09/28/01 11:42 AM Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
Louise Eve Offline

Loc: Madrid
Finally arrived and sorted this last Monday but now the weekend is coming up realise not too sure where to go etc. My spanish is not too good (yet)

Are there other newbies to Madrid who fancy meeting up either Saturday or Sunday?
Will check back to the board tomorrow morning for any takers.
Louise

#70894 - 09/28/01 01:01 PM Re: Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I'll be arriving from New York early Sunday AM and will be in Madrid for 3 weeks studying at Tandem Escuela. I'd be happy to meet up with you.

#70895 - 09/29/01 04:50 AM Re: Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
Louise Eve Offline

Also start at Tandem on Monday morning so we should meet up there but if you check this and want to meet up Sunday send a quick mail to me at louiseteve@hotmail.com and I will give you my mobile number.
Anyone else out there?.....

#70896 - 10/11/01 08:14 AM Re: Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
ammcfar Offline

Yeah, I´m out here also. I just got busy and haven´t checked thus web sute for about 2 weeks (sunce you last posted). I go to a different language school, but if anyone wants to go for dinner and drinks next week, just way where and when and I´m there.

#70897 - 10/13/01 04:48 PM Re: Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
wasabisoup Offline

Loc: madrid, spain
how is the tandem school? unfortunately i work during the day which makes classes only possible for a bit at night so i am looking. i am hoping maybe to meet up with some people who might like to practice their castellano over a drink or two.

oh on another note, does anyone know of any good places for intercambio? i have great hopes to improve my 'spanglish'

cheers
pete

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#70898 - 10/14/01 07:11 AM Re: Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Dear wasabisoup:I think Tandem is excellent. I start my third and final week tomorrow. The school was recommended to me by two of my Spanish teachers at Instituto Cervantes in New York. I hope to be able to return again next year. The instructors are very friendly but thorough, and the classes can be quite demanding. I would gladly recommend the school to any other Spanish student.

#70899 - 10/15/01 04:53 PM Re: Meeting of Newbies to Madrid
Louise Eve Offline

Pete

Also agree Tandem is good and they can also arrange a intercambio for you even if you don't take lessons there - may be something for you to explore.

Louise

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments