Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70807 - 08/31/01 11:36 AM Softball/Baseball in Madrid?
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hi all, I live in Madrid and me and a friend are looking to eiither join a fun softball/baseball mini league or start one up ourselves and get enough people together for games.

Nothing pro but just a bunch of guys and gals throwing the ball around once in a while and playing pick-up games.

Anyone into it can post here or send me an e-mail (the icon above) and we can get together

Saludos,
jer...

#70808 - 08/31/01 12:01 PM Re: Softball/Baseball in Madrid?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hey, how did you get that hand thing there?

Jo-Anne

#70809 - 08/31/01 12:31 PM Re: Softball/Baseball in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A softball team would be a lot of fun, but imagine finding enough people living in Madrid and whom own a glove would be difficult and doubt they're widely found/sold in Spain.

Jo-Anne, first, you have to know the URL of the icon for the . You'll find it directly @ http://www.madridman.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif . When you REPLY/POST any message, click on (or just type it in yourself) the IMAGE button under the text-entry box, under where it says, "Instant UBB Code". Between the two "codes" you can paste in the URL to the image and it will be displayed. Good luck!

A final word about inserting these icons into posts, please keep your icons limited to those you find here. All we need is to have lots of external, large file size images inserted, adding to the load time of the individual pages. If this happens, I'll have to remove them myself so let's just K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple), okay? Thanks! wink

Saludos, MadridMan cool

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70810 - 08/31/01 03:42 PM Re: Softball/Baseball in Madrid?
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hay MM, actually you would be surprised to know that you can get a glove at Decathlon, huge sporting goods stores here laugh (kind of like the Sports Authority in the U.S.)

Hope to get some interest in playing however since there are sooooo many Americans living here in Madrid. Bueno... worst comes to worst we play catch like I did today with a new friend from Germany that posted on my message board about getting softball/baseball games together.

He (Raoul) must have read my mind since I was dying to get a game of catch going.

You are right up to a point however, at times my girlfriend and I go to the Park or to the grassy spots near the Royal Palace and play catch. Bypassers look at us like we are nuts eek

"Be a leader" I always say laugh !

Hi Jo-Anne, you forgot that MM and I are pros at this Message board stuff. Ok MM, I wil respect your wishes and keep my unlawful image inserts to a limit :p

Saludos,
jer...

p.d. What does the second "S" in "K.I.S.S." stand for?

[MadridMan Answers: The second "S" stands for "Stupid", but I was being polite by omitting it. :)]

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments